Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned this JD 110 since about 1997 and I mowed with it up until about three years ago. It was finally to tired to cut the mustard, so to speak. So I bought a new Zero turn and parked this one in the shed. Over the years I had also purchased an early model 31 tiller that I planned someday to mount and use. A couple months ago I pulled out the 110 to get her running again and possibly sell it. But the more I worked on it, the more I decided I probably wouldn't get my money back I had in it. So I decided to go for broke and totally restore it after overhauling the engine.
Here is the before picture and where I am now. Just a few small things left on the tractor, and I'm still waiting on the front tires to come in. The tiller will be next.

And now.....

Registered
Wow! That's very nice. Good work.

Registered
:bigthumb: Nice job.............. :greentractorride:

Premium Member
That looks great for a 52 year old. Frankly you have taken very nice care of it because it looked pretty good before:good2:

Registered
Looks great. WHat are the rear tires, don't know that I've seen them before?

You seem to be missing a few pictures?:mocking:
:munch:

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
The tractor hood was the hardest part. It was cracked so I repaired it rather than replacing it. I used a metal band strap and drilled holes in it and the hood and then riveted them together. Then I fiberglassed it and finally body filler.

Registered
Nice job refreshing the round fender. I shouldn't of looked. I have a 64 that's all original and very restorable.
Those rear tires really set the little guy off for stance.
I like it!!

Registered
Old thread, but wish the photo's were still available to see.
I also am in the "process" of restoring my father's '64 round fender 110. A younger brother had it for several years and could only let it sit outside, so the fuel tank is shot.. had a radiator shop try to patch it but wasn't successful. So looking for a replacement. Learned that a 110 fuel tank from a non-round fender that I found would not fit under the hood. About 1/2-inch difference.
So am looking for that part to continue.
Took the 110 completely apart for sand blast and painting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts