Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1968 - 820, German made, 3 cyl. The 3pt will raise but not lower via control lever. After some time sitting it bleeds off and the 3pt returns to lowest postion. Any ideas as to cause / fix. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am embarrased to say that I do not know. I am deployed to Afghanistan at the moment and will have to check when I get home. If it did have one, approximately where would I look for it? Perhaps I could ask my father to look.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I am embarrased to say that I do not know. I am deployed to Afghanistan at the moment and will have to check when I get home. If it did have one, approximately where would I look for it? Perhaps I could ask my father to look.
Dan thanks for serving. Vietnam vet here,67-68. We appreciate all you soldiers sacrifices and putting yourself in danger for your country. :good2:

·
Registered
14,556 Posts
Dan: If memory serves (it's been a long time since I have been around one) the German built 820 has the valve under the seat. I think it is a short lever about four inches long that turns to controls the oil flow.

Stay safe. Thanks for serving. Hooah! (Vietnam 66-67, Kosovo 2002-2003.)

Don

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you look under the seat as DRobinson mentions there is a bolt with a small tab on it about 1"x 2.5" with rounded corners on it. This is the ROD or rate of drop control this should be adjusted to allow the implement to lower without falling too quickly.

FWIW, I do have a 1973 820 canopy tractor with full owner and service manuals. Let me know if you need any further asistance.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts