Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got my 301-R back in service from a bad hydrolic pump. Old one had apparently been going bad for a while but now everything worked perfectly. Until now. About 8hrs of runtime after reassembly, has developed a hydrolic leak as shown in the pic where I am pointing. My question is obviously how to fix. I have the owners manual, which doesn't help here. Is there a mechanics manual (like a Chilton's) that might help walk me through this repair? Also, do y'all think I will have to separate the body to do this or just remove a portion to access?

Attachments

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,288 Posts
There's a Packing(item number T17882) that seals the High Pressure Oil from the hydraulic pump. It fits in a inset on the top of the transmission case.
The Lift Housing(Rockshaft) will have to be unbolted and raised a bit to replace the packing.

Below is a transmission case and shows where the packing locates.

Below is a photo of the Rochshaft removed and inverted. The RED arrow shows the passage for High Pressure Oil. This is where the packing seals the oils passage.

T17882 Packing(item number 4)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flyweight, thank you so much for the info & taking the time, much appreciated!!
I will be ordering the service manual tomorrow.
Something else I may try to tackle while working on it again.. The rear 3pt hitch slowly bleeds down. I assume there is a seal that is leaking causing it to bleed down. Does that sound like something I will have access to with the lift housing off?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Flyweight, thank you so much for the info & taking the time, much appreciated!!
I will be ordering the service manual tomorrow.
Something else I may try to tackle while working on it again.. The rear 3pt hitch slowly bleeds down. I assume there is a seal that is leaking causing it to bleed down. Does that sound like something I will have access to with the lift housing off?
Yes, the seals you need to replace are all in the cylinder housing shown in the inverted rockshaft housing. A few orings on valves and seals on piston should take care of you leak down problem. Usually the seals on valve plugs are the ones worn out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts