Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a spring that attaches to the rockshaft cover and to something below that is stopping the cover from being removed. I have about 2" of separation between the body and the cover so I can see the spring is the only thing keeping it from being completely removed. Danged if I can figure out how to get the spring detached. Any ideas??

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Once all bolts have been removed there is nothing physically attached from trans case to RS housing. Yes there is a cam follower that resides in the L/D mechanism but it just fits in a slot IF IT'S been installed correctly(see photo below). Shaded part is cam follower & spring & associated linkage are both attached to RS housing

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will do my best to take some pics tomorrow. But for sure, all bolts have been removed. I can lift the RS housing roughly 1.5 - 2" before the spring stops progress. And thank you for your help Tx Jim!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok.. sooo... the problem was mine. Just the right jiggle and it came free. Reading your answer was what I needed. Thank you!

So now that I have it back together, I did something wrong. I positioned the rockshaft to the lowest position and the raise /lower lever all the way down. When I reassembled everything and started the tractor, the 3pt raised to nearly max height. Not sure where to go from here...

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
You're welcome
My guess is the shaded part(cam follower) in previous photo I posted is not in correct location in 3 pt control linkage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts