Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stripped the sheet metal off of this 45 year old today, going to take out all the dings and bring it back to new with new decals.
After I priced a new front emblem, I decided to repaint it myself. You can see I needed a glass of wine to keep my hands steady, especially when repainting around the dear.
I will post photos of the sheet metal restoration later as I just got it all taken off today.

Before

·
Premium Member
7,513 Posts
I like that old four legged deer.
My 2030 is missing the front emblem, been that way since I bought it 20 years ago. It also has some severe dents in the front of the hood. Way beyond my skill level to fix.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Good luck with the project.:thumbup1gif:

I restored my 820 about 1997 including all the sheetmetal repairs, new clutch, water pump, tires, lights, steering wheel, stickers and seat. Looked like new when finished. That was a fun project and learned a lot about the tractor too. Used the tractor until last summer and sold it for very close to what I had in it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck with the project.:thumbup1gif:

I restored my 820 about 1997 including all the sheetmetal repairs, new clutch, water pump, tires, lights, steering wheel, stickers and seat. Looked like new when finished. That was a fun project and learned a lot about the tractor too. Used the tractor until last summer and sold it for very close to what I had in it.
Do you have any photos of your lod 820?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, got all of the dents out of the sheet metal up front, painted, and just put the decals on. Next will be to strip off the fenders, straighten them out and paint them. Put the ROPS bar and seat belt on and reattach the fenders. Then I will rewire lights.

·
Administrator
17,316 Posts
Wow Todd, that looks really sharp!

·
Administrator
20,364 Posts
Looking good Todd! Wanna come over and help with my 60?:mocking:

·
Registered
11,415 Posts
Nice work. Does your 820 have power steering? As I recall, power steering was an option on them.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I probably wouldn't do this but because it only has 1450 actual hours I thought it deserved it. No, it doesn't have power steering unless you count me as the power. I will post pics of the take off and re do of the rear panels. After I finished it today, I took it up in the woods and pulled out some more downed trees, after all it is still a tractor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts