Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend gave me a 200 for free so my kid can have his first project. Its a little rough but it runs and drive. Ill update as I get parts in for it. Hopefully I can get the kid mowing with it before the snow comes back.

Reactions: trav and raco232

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
That’s one model I’ve never had, but I did have a late 110 8hp.

There isn’t much to them, and if you want used parts I have piles, although not all are sorted and labeled, but between no eBay fees, and combined shipping it might work out for both of us.

I’m betting you clean the fuel system, and maybe address a spark or starting issue and it’s off to the races. They rarely need parts.

If you need a carb, I like I save tractors. Norman is a friend, and he makes sure his parts are good. It’s still cheap Chinese, but it’s an honorable seller, and the parts are made specifically for him, they aren’t the generic copies on eBay.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I never hit enter on my reply last month.

My friend planned on keeping it so he went through it, cleaned the tank and put new lines and filter to the fuel pump. He also put new ignition parts in and changed the oil. All I had to do was buy a new battery and it cranked right over. Next step was new tires as they were all flat and dry rotted although I really messed up the bead on the rear ones and have to get them done at a real shop once the new new pair comes in. After that I replaced the broken varidrive handle, all the belts and greased the whole thing up.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well after months of waiting for parts from the dealer I finally got it mowing. They got all the hard to find parts but didn't call me for 3 months because they were still waiting on a pair of standard 3/8s nuts. Took it out for about 30 mins and lost spark so I ordered a new points and condenser set from I save tractors last night.
Tire Wheel Tractor Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
If the condenser doesn’t fix the cutting out I would look at the coil. It’s not as common, but they can fail when hot also.

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is my next step. I have a spare MSD hvc 2 coil sitting around for my truck, that should put some good spark to it.😄

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
That is my next step. I have a spare MSD hvc 2 coil sitting around for my truck, that should put some good spark to it.
I wouldn’t use a non standard coil. The rest of the system is not designed for it.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,796 Posts
A 200?

I owned a 200 many years ago.
I also owned a 208, a 210, and a 212. The 200 series are tough stuff, just as the 100 series were/are.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I wouldn't really put that coil in, I think it has 3 to 4x the voltage as factory.

#36 of the assembly line in 1976 if i remember the serial number correctly.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Condenser fixed it but i ended up replacing it along with the coil and points. Ran it for about an hour or so between the boys driving it and mowing the yard and didn't have a single hiccup.

Reactions: rydplrs
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.