Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have been searching this forum and all of the google, and have been unable to get a clear answer. Here is what I have going on.

Recently purchased a 1979 Model 850 tractor. it came with a brush hog, and that was the extent of it. On Monday, I was able to locate and purchase a Model 75 FEL , that came off an 850. It included the SCV. I know the tractor the bucket was on, was a 4x4, and based off the hard lines and photos on the internet I have seen, it was also equipped with power steering. I however, do not have power steering.

I was able to mount the bucket with little issue, and have the SCV mounted where it belongs on the right side of the seat. What I need help with, is plumbing this darn thing in. I do not have the power steering option, and therefore, do not have the right angle fittings on the front of the.. rock shaft, i believe it is called. I also cannot seem to find where the tank return line, and the other line, that goes to the left side of the transmission case, is supposed to be plumbed.

She seems to be a solid old girl, and I think if I can get this running, and get a back hoe setup, I will be less then half price into the tractor for the new one I was looking at getting. I know I will have some drawbacks working on an antique, but it is not something I use to make money, or keep a farm running. So saving 15k sounded pretty good to me.

Thank you in advance!

Tim

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
17,967 Posts
Hi, Tim.

I'll try this. Hope you don't get confused.

Steel Line #1 supplies high pressure oil from the hydraulic pump, to the rockshaft cover.
Hydraulic Hose #3 supplies high pressure oil from the rockshaft cover, to the pressure inlet of the SCV.

Blue Stars. These are 90° fitting for Hose # 3 and # 4. Behind one of these fittings(I can't remember which one) is a threaded port. Pipe plug(part number 15H275, item # 7, lower image) will need to be installed into the threaded port. Once the pipe plug is installed, high pressure oil will be diverted to the SCV through Hose #3.

With the SCV and Rockshaft levers in the Neutral position, oil will flow through Hose #2, to the left side of the transmission case return oil port(see Return to Case fitting in lower image).

When the SCV levers are operated, high pressure oil will flow to the desired loader cylinder.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I will have another look at it this week with your diagram to see if I can figure out what needs to go where. I will post results! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was reading this thread going thought the same process and thought I would close the question of which port where the Pipe plug (part number 15H275) should be installed. The pipe plug is to be installed behind the fitting for "hose 4" marked with a blue star in the above photo/graphic, posted by flyweight. Attached is the instructions from the owner's manual which also verifies this location as B in the bottom photo on the attachment.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts