Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a 1986 Ford 1210. Recently it has developed an issue where the 3PH pulses up/down slightly when there is a heavy load attached like a 6ft rear blade. It is most noticeable when the hitch is raised to the half-way point. It will sit there and continue to raise and lower by about an inch or so. It does not exhibit this condition when the hitch is raise all the way or lowered all the way. It also has to have a certain about of weight on the hitch to do it. The 250+ lb. rear blade will do it but a 200lb person on the hitch will not.

Any ideas?

It's been almost 200 hrs since the hydraulic fluid and filters have been changed.

I would also be interested if anyone knows the details on the hydraulic filters on this tractor. Looking at the parts listing it appears to have three filters. A main spin-on filter on the left side of the engine, a filter cartridge inside a bullet-shaped silver housing on top the hydraulic pump, and a suction screen filter located on the left side of the rear axle housing, just inside the rear tire.

I've include photos of the filters below.

IMG_1839.jpg IMG_1841.jpg IMG_1840.jpg

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My brother has a 1986 Ford 1210. Recently it has developed an issue where the 3PH pulses up/down slightly when there is a heavy load attached like a 6ft rear blade. It is most noticeable when the hitch is raised to the half-way point. It will sit there and continue to raise and lower by about an inch or so. It does not exhibit this condition when the hitch is raise all the way or lowered all the way. It also has to have a certain about of weight on the hitch to do it. The 250+ lb. rear blade will do it but a 200lb person on the hitch will not.

Any ideas?

It's been almost 200 hrs since the hydraulic fluid and filters have been changed.

I would also be interested if anyone knows the details on the hydraulic filters on this tractor. Looking at the parts listing it appears to have three filters. A main spin-on filter on the left side of the engine, a filter cartridge inside a bullet-shaped silver housing on top the hydraulic pump, and a suction screen filter located on the left side of the rear axle housing, just inside the rear tire.

I've include photos of the filters below.

View attachment 338538 View attachment 338546 View attachment 338554
I doubt this tractor to have it but it seems very similar to a issue we had with a tractor once, does his tractor have draft control?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I am unfamiliar with your tractor, but my 1026r did that and it was found that the piston ring that raises the hitch had bad seals on them. Not sure if that may be the case.

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt this tractor to have it but it seems very similar to a issue we had with a tractor once, does his tractor have draft control?
According to the manual, the 1210 does not have draft control.

·
Super Moderator
7,919 Posts
  • Check the Fluid Level
  • Check the Fluid Condition
  • Time for Fluid Maintenance?
  • Check Hydraulic Pressure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts