Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone! I recently got a 1987 JD 130 Lawn Tractor with the 9HP Kawasaki engine and 30" deck. It runs like a top and everything seems to be in good shape with the exception of the deck. I bought a new idler pulley and belt. I don't have an operators manual yet (ordered one) but from the online parts houses they call for a M90958 belt which shows to be a 1/2" X 55" V belt. No matter how I try I cannot get this belt to fit - it seems too short.

Does anyone have the "belt pattern" for the 30" deck? I can't find anything online for that size deck - it seems it must be an odd-ball.

Thanks Dave

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
I moved this to the proper section.

What do you mean by "belt pattern?"

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
I thought he meant how to route the belt around the pulleys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally figured it out. In the process of removing and re-installing the deck I had turned the L-shaped hanger bracket backwards. One I got that in the right position it was very, very, simple and quite obvious. the 55" belt was correct and everything is working fine now.

Who would have thought that a single blade belt install would have been so darned difficult. I should have paid more attention before removing the deck.

Peace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts