Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned over 23 years :bigthumb:

No winters, No accidents, stock engine/drivetrain

All options, BUT front license plate holder (not required in my state) and engine block heater (not needed in my state, plus not winter driven) Options include the rare SUNGATE windshield, radio was choice of cassette player or CD player, this has the CD player. Color is DCM Dark Cherry metallic.

Power antenna still works! Most do not anymore.

Under 35K miles, new tires last year at 34K miles. I replaced the tires due to age, (yes, I should have sooner :hide:) they still had plenty of tread left.

I have keys, remotes, wheel lock key (factory), owners manual, window sticker, dealer brochure.

Asking $14,900 or best offer. I saw one with over 100K miles that was beat for sale for $10K

·
Premium Member
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures did not load :banghead: Maybe too big, so I'll try only one this time

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Supercharged? I’m interested, but need more pictures.

·
Premium Member
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Supercharged? I’m interested, but need more pictures.
Not supercharged. IIRC that was the newer Impala SS (2000 +) that had a supercharged V6, a lot smaller car.

Engine is all stock 5.7 LT1 V8

If you still want more pictures, PM your email and what pictures you want

·
Premium Member
7,657 Posts
I'd get a ticket and loose my license before I got to the county clerk to register it for plates. :lolol: :good2:

·
Registered
572 Posts
DROOOOOOLL!!! Love a DCM SS!

Don't forget to mention that 1996 was the only year they came with the more desirable center console floor shifter. (94-95 SS' had column shift)

Sweet ride buddy.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Pictures did not load :banghead: Maybe too big, so I'll try only one this time
Very nice, those were the real deal with 5.7 V8 and rear-wheel drive. The later model Impala SS's (starting in '04 I think) had a 5.7 V8 but it was transverse-mounted due to being front-wheel drive. I had an '06 SS which was a nice car but just not the same with FWD.

Edit: my bad, the FWD SS's were 5.3 V8's.

·
Premium Member
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
DROOOOOOLL!!! Love a DCM SS!

Don't forget to mention that 1996 was the only year they came with the more desirable center console floor shifter. (94-95 SS' had column shift)

Sweet ride buddy.
Also the last year made on this platform and they only came in three colors, plus beware of "Clones" A lot of Police 9C1 models were cloned into "Impala SS" and sold as one.

One of the stories I heard was GM wanted to get the Police to switch from Caprice to Tahoes, but the Police departments resisted, so GM (in their infamous wisdom :mocking:) dropped Caprice. Most departments then switched to Ford Crown Vics.

There a Lansing MI Chevy dealer that was refurbishing Police edition 9C1 Caprices and many departments ran them much longer than their normal life cycle.

To bad GM dropped this car. Had it continued in production and received the LS series engine, WOW!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I spoke to my boy about this car, but he is not interested. I am, but no money dedicated for a spare car. Too many repairs to the house needs to be done at this time.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Also the last year made on this platform and they only came in three colors, plus beware of "Clones" A lot of Police 9C1 models were cloned into "Impala SS" and sold as one.

One of the stories I heard was GM wanted to get the Police to switch from Caprice to Tahoes, but the Police departments resisted, so GM (in their infamous wisdom :mocking:) dropped Caprice. Most departments then switched to Ford Crown Vics.

There a Lansing MI Chevy dealer that was refurbishing Police edition 9C1 Caprices and many departments ran them much longer than their normal life cycle.

To bad GM dropped this car. Had it continued in production and received the LS series engine, WOW!
Yeah, my 2015 Impalibu SS will be with me for many years to come. Love the LS3!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts