Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I plan on selling my 1997 John Deere 445 as a package deal in the near future after I get something a little bigger with a loader and backhoe to replace it. It has just over 430 hours currently which may go up a bit since it's still in use, 54" mid-mount mower, mulcher kit, power flow blower, MC519 collection cart, front mount thatcher, front hitch, front PTO kit, 47" snow blower, 4 suitcase weights, brand new battery, a few sets of tire chains, extra blades and a few more odds and ends.

I'm still trying to figure out what a reasonable asking price is. I plan on cleaning it all up and getting pictures of everything soon but I figured I'd turn to the forums to start and see if I could start getting some ideas of what to list it for.

In case it matters I'm the second owner technically, it was bought brand new by my Dad back in 97 and well cared for and maintained its entire life. He's pretty meticulous with everything he owns. I've only had it in my possesion since this past winter.

Thanks in advance for any help! Hopefully it finds a good home soon.

Joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Initial Pix

I know it's hard to get a sense w/o any pictures at all so here are a few of the tractor only, still dirty but at least it gives a sense of the condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
why is everything I want 3000 miles away:banghead:

·
Registered
25 Posts
20 hrs/yr of use? Hardly used! I’m still looking for the dirt. . Will sell quick. I’ll be watching as I have a very similar 1995 with MCS that I’m considering selling. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, it's primary duties since new were just mowing and blowing snow on about an acre so the hours stayed pretty low. Everything was stored in a garage or shed it's whole life.

I should have its replacement arriving tomorrow and I'm hoping to make sometime this weekend to pull everthing else out that'll be going with the 445 so I can get more pictures taken.

I've been looking around online and I'm thinking $6000 for the package seems reasonable. If anyone is interested feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More Pix

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
I know it's hard to get a sense w/o any pictures at all so here are a few of the tractor only, still dirty but at least it gives a sense of the condition.
That is still Dirty?

Very nice looking tractor.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Very Nice tractor and equipment and extremely low hours. Just curious if you even entertained a trade in offer on your new equipment? I would have thought a dealer would have been very interested in such a clean, low hour machine with the right attachments. Of course, they would have wanted to make a profit on it so the $$$$ likely wouldn't have been what you are asking.

Hope your new machine is Green as well........:bigthumb::good2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very Nice tractor and equipment and extremely low hours. Just curious if you even entertained a trade in offer on your new equipment? I would have thought a dealer would have been very interested in such a clean, low hour machine with the right attachments. Of course, they would have wanted to make a profit on it so the $$$$ likely wouldn't have been what you are asking.

Hope your new machine is Green as well........:bigthumb::good2:
I considered trading, but every sales person I spoke with told me not to trade. They didn't even ask about what I had which I thought was strange, but I didn't push it.

I did look at everything and considered sticking with green (1025r), but in the end orange seemed like the right fit. I ended up with a BX23S. It was close between the two, they both had their pros and cons, but the sales people made the difference in the end. The guys at my local John Deere didn't seem very honest, didn't want to give me any details about the warranty, etc. so they soured me. One Kubota dealership was also frustrating to deal with but another was great, made everything easy and didn't play games so they got my business. Hopefully it's a great ownership experience, it's been perfect so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Should have went to a different John Deere like you did on the Kubota? The dealer was the problem not the JD Tractor.
Some of you guys are so weird :laugh:... I never said it was the tractor, I said it was the dealer that annoyed me and the next nearest JD dealer was further away than I wanted.

In the end, what would someone else care what I own. Do you own stock in John Deere? That's about the only reason I can think of. :dunno:

Back to the only real point that matters; my John Deere that has served my father and I well since new is still for sale. I've had multiple people show interest and I've been told they're just trying to line up a time to come by and take a look. First come first serve. :good2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.