Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 JD 425 AWS that has a rear end leak . I removed the transaxle and found the differential lock seal displaced and leaking. I plan on replacing that and I am wondering what other seal I should replace as long as I have the transaxle out. The right side of the transaxle looks dry. No other obvious leaks. Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
425 differential lock seal

Removed the diff. lock seal. It is very hard and loose, not sure what is supposed to keep it in place. Are they glued in? Also can someone tell me where the drain plug is located. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,553 Posts
I would worry about the case seals when they leak.

Use a good aviation gasket sealer on it. The brown gooey runny type and it should help hold it in. They have a habit of coming out so use that and let it dry. Should be fine then.

I can’t remember where the drain plug is so I’ll just give a smart Alec answer and say on bottom.

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would worry about the case seals when they leak.

Use a good aviation gasket sealer on it. The brown gooey runny type and it should help hold it in. They have a habit of coming out so use that and let it dry. Should be fine then.

I can’t remember where the drain plug is so I’ll just give a smart Alec answer and say on bottom.
Thanks, found the drain plug. Any other gaskets or seals I should replace as long as I have the trans out? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts