Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a wild hair and put a bid in on a 2025r in an auction nearby. I won it. Went and picked it up Friday. It's really clean, doesn't seem like it was used much. It still has the little nobbies on the tires. :)

I'm not a farmer nor do I have a large plot of land. Just the one acre lot in a semi-country neighborhood outside the city.

I've always coveted the 1025r with a loader, which is why I've bid on this one. I'm now looking through the forums and YouTube videos to learn more about the tractor and its capabilities.

Greg.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Well it's a Bit More Capable In 3point Lift Capacity and Loader lift Capacity then the Current Generation II 2025R. Your Gen I is a true Small Frame Compact don't know what your Plans are for it But as far as Mowing it is Not auto Connect Capable. But a drive over decks was made for it But you still have to get off the Tractor to Mount the deck drive shaft. It does have Lower Hydraulic Capacity as far as Gallons Per Minute compared to the GEN II 2025R. But the 3point Lift height more than Makes up for the Lower Hydraulic GPM. The 2025R Gen II has some slightly better ergonomics and a High GPM for Hydraulics But the Limited Cat 1 is still a Head-scratcher on the Gen II

Deere Made a 270A Backhoe 270A Use You 3point to Mount it similar to the 270B Made for the 2032R & 2038R.

There Just a decent Tractor I think You'll be happy with it (y)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio
Welcome.gif

Reactions: GCagle

·
Super Moderator
5,589 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Welcome from New York. Congrats on your big win!

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Welcome to GTT and congrats on the new ride

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Welcome from Central New York!

·
Administrator
20,909 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Immediately move the lights on the ROPS to the inside: easy to do and you'll save having to replace one of them, very expensive.

DO NOT run around with the loader up like that.

Get the driveshaft Ujoints done by the dealer. You won't be able to get at the front one, and likely won't be able to get a grease gun onto the rear's zerk. Did mine at 200 hours. Will do again in 200-400 hours. Blew apart the front Ujoint on the 4010 (a 2019E by today's naming) at 9 years and 660 hours.

Ralph

·
Registered
665 Posts
In spite of what Ralph says, you can do the u-joints greasing yourself. It’s not easy, probably took me 45 minutes the first time, than half that the second time for me. They have been known to fail if not greased though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Get the driveshaft Ujoints done by the dealer. You won't be able to get at the front one, and likely won't be able to get a grease gun onto the rear's zerk. Did mine at 200 hours. Will do again in 200-400 hours. Blew apart the front Ujoint on the 4010 (a 2019E by today's naming) at 9 years and 660 hours.

Ralph
Isn’t this model the same as the 2305 in that regard? I got the Lincoln 5803 grease tip as recommended here and it takes me 2 minutes to grease the front and rear fittings on my 2305. With a standard fitting it would be pretty much impossible

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,854 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
A big welcome to the GTT forum from Pennsylvania!!

·
Premium Member
13,673 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
14,918 Posts
Congrats on 2025r and

Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got a wild hair and put a bid in on a 2025r in an auction nearby. I won it. Went and picked it up Friday. It's really clean, doesn't seem like it was used much. It still has the little nobbies on the tires. :)

I'm not a farmer nor do I have a large plot of land. Just the one acre lot in a semi-country neighborhood outside the city.

I've always coveted the 1025r with a loader, which is why I've bid on this one. I'm now looking through the forums and YouTube videos to learn more about the tractor and its capabilities.

Greg.

View attachment 744299
Many congrats, and I'm not only green for Deere, but green with envy.
I'd say you now have enough tractor to take care of your place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts