Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC is now offering a 2" Bolt-On Receiver Hitch for buckets! Many have asked for this product over the years, and finally with collaboration with Greg at Heavy Hitch (also a GTT Vendor) we've been able to bring it to the market.

The unit is 100% powder coated in JD Green or Black, offers two pin holes for maximum adjustment, and accepts any standard 2" hitch assembly. We are also offering an optional powder coated (black only) backing plate the includes a clevis mount that will accept any standard 1/2" 4000lb rated screw pin shackle. All mounting hardware and detailed installation instructions are included as well.

DSC_9216.JPG DSC_9217.JPG

·
Premium Member
10,691 Posts
I have been looking for something like this for a long time. Like so many others, I originally mounted three of Ken's hooks onto the top of my 2720 bucket, each with a shackle mount on the underside. But, I found I mostly only used the outer hooks and the center shackle. What I really needed in the center was a receiver hitch to move around my landscape trailer. Sure, I have a fancy 3PH drawbar rigging but that requires me to take off the ballast box and mount up the hitch. Most times I just need something quick. A receiver hitch on the bucket would be perfect!

Too lazy to build my own, I shopped around for quite a while and while there were a few on the market nothing really seemed compact enough to fit the top edge of the bucket. I could not find anything that was worthy of me drilling four more holes in the bucket... until... Ken's 2" x 2" Bolt-On Receiver Hitch!

This was EXACTLY what I had in mind. But... since I use my middle shackle all the time I didn't want to give that up. Ken came to the rescue again with the matching shackle mount backing plate!

I couldn't get the holes drilled fast enough! Talk about having your cake and eating it too!

E26R3947.jpg E26R3949.jpg IMG_0813.jpg

As with the hooks, Ken provided top-notch hardware.

E26R3941.jpg E26R3938.jpg E26R3940.jpg

Next, I bolted up the shackle mount backing plate. Everything fit like a glove.

E26R3953.jpg E26R3952.jpg E26R3960.jpg E26R3959.jpg

I found my drop coupler worked best for my trailer as it allowed me to keep the bucket where I could see the ball from the seat. One of the other things I was looking for in a hitch was the ability to fasten my safety chains. Granted, some of you might think this isn't necessary when just moving the trailer around in the yard or driveway. But... my property is sloped and everything is downhill towards my neighbors. If my trailer were to detach it would no doubt take off like a shot and either hit the neighbor's car or end up in their pool. Not to worry with Ken's 2" x 2" Bolt-on Receiver Hitch as I can easily hook my safety chains to the shackle mount backing plate!

E26R3957.jpg E26R3956.jpg

If that weren't enough. I still have a center hook or upper loop if needed by using Ken's Ball Dog!

I could not be happier with the hitch. It is exactly what I had envisioned when I first started shopping around for a 2" receiver hitch to replace my center hook.

Thanks Ken!

- John

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
:think: Nice Kenny, good post jgayman.

Kenny, what is the bolt hole spacing measurement on the plates?

·
Registered
83 Posts
:think: Nice Kenny, good post jgayman.

Kenny, what is the bolt hole spacing measurement on the plates?

Looks good, especially if I don't have to get crazy drilling 4 new holes. Is the spacing of the holes similiar to the grab hooks, so that I could reuse my existing two holes?

·
Premium Member
10,691 Posts
Looks good, especially if I don't have to get crazy drilling 4 new holes. Is the spacing of the holes similiar to the grab hooks, so that I could reuse my existing two holes?
If you want the hitch to be centered you cannot use your existing hook holes. Note - the front-back holes have the same spacing as the hooks - but that really doesn't avoid any new holes.

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, as John wrote the spacing is the same as the hooks front to back, so if you had extra backing plates they could be used instead of the clevis backing plate, but those holes are turned 90* to the way the hooks would use them anyway, so unless you wanted the hitch turned sideways and only use two bolts to mount it?

It's impossible to have the hitch use the same two holes as the center hooks does.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, as John wrote the spacing is the same as the hooks front to back, so if you had extra backing plates they could be used instead of the clevis backing plate, but those holes are turned 90* to the way the hooks would use them anyway, so unless you wanted the hitch turned sideways and only use two bolts to mount it?

It's impossible to have the hitch use the same two holes as the center hooks does.
Unless you turn your tractor into a zero-turn and want to pull your trailer in little circles /grin

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have always wanted a hitch receiver on the loader bucket of my 1025. Darn you Kenny for spending more of my money! :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
I have always wanted a hitch receiver on the loader bucket of my 1025. Darn you Kenny for spending more of my money! :lol:
He's really good at it.:lol: I just bought one myself.

·
Administrator
20,282 Posts
He's really good at it.:lol: I just bought one myself.
Pics or it didn't happen. You know the rules. :nunu::mocking:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I ordered mine too. Gizmo will take the picts since he loves to hang out in Texas. :yahoo:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I just checked the website for price and was pleasantly surprised! I'd be hard pressed to go to the scrapyard, buy the materials, cut, drill, etc. for what Kenny is charging!!

I'll probably be ordering one soon myself!! NICE JOB, Kenny!!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
I just checked the website for price and was pleasantly surprised! I'd be hard pressed to go to the scrapyard, buy the materials, cut, drill, etc. for what Kenny is charging!!

25 years ago I would have said "I can make that cheaper", today I'd be wrong.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Right on Mark02tj

You said that perfectly, twice now I started tractor projects ,only to find out that what I made was way more expensive and not as good as what I ended up buying. A backhoe cart from Expanded and a failed drawbar hitch come to mind in my case. I have learned to pick my battles and Look befor I leap. Time is money..:greentractorride:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts