Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
HeavyHitch is one of the vendors on this site and they make several options. omni-mfg.com also makes some. Are you looking for one to mount to the tractor frame itself or on the 3 point?

·
Administrator
17,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
A ball on something like the 3 pt heavy hitch is really nice for moving bumper pull and gooseneck trailers around the yard - keeps your bum on the seat while you simply raise the ball into the hitch and go.

I know, I know - your supposed to close the hitch - and I do if I'm leaving the yard.

-J.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Being the owner of a ballast box and a separate hitch unit, that heavy hitch looks appetizing..... it'd be really nice to have the weight back there and the 2" and 2-5/16" balls all at the same time.

The only thing that isn't so tasty is the cost of those bloody suitcase weights.....

-J.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Being the owner of a ballast box and a separate hitch unit, that heavy hitch looks appetizing..... it'd be really nice to have the weight back there and the 2" and 2-5/16" balls all at the same time.

The only thing that isn't so tasty is the cost of those bloody suitcase weights.....

-J.
The weights are expensive, but they also hold their value, never wear out and can be made new again with a $5 can of paint and you can use them in different places on your machine depending on the ballast needs. Kinda like an investment in green gold:laugh:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
The weights are expensive, but they also hold their value, never wear out and can be made new again with a $5 can of paint and you can use them in different places on your machine depending on the ballast needs. Kinda like an investment in green gold:laugh:
I have to agree, I can use em front or back plus they are easier to move.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hitch

Sound like one of the Heavy Hitch's would do the job...thanks all for replying it really helped me decide

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Sound like one of the Heavy Hitch's would do the job...thanks all for replying it really helped me decide
Not to turn you off the Heavy Hitch but look into the Omni Transformer. Both are nice products but the Omni includes the vertical tube standard and the horizontal bar that runs from lift arm to lift arm is flat and has extra holes so you can leave a shackle permanently mounted while still using the receiver for a ball.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not to turn you off the Heavy Hitch but look into the Omni Transformer. Both are nice products but the Omni includes the vertical tube standard and the horizontal bar that runs from lift arm to lift arm is flat and has extra holes so you can leave a shackle permanently mounted while still using the receiver for a ball.
Another thing to consider is the Heavy Hitch is used by John Deere engineering in their robotics division product development. We originated the Heavy Hitch 9 years ago and have had others come up with different variations, but our patent pending design will work with your Deere products as if they were built by Deere itself.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does the second one on the left (3pt hitch) would be too costly to consider having it shippedto my place...?

Roxton-Pond, Quebec, Canada J0E-1Z0.

Let me know how much for it (the green PTO one) shipped to my place.
Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts