Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here i took some advice from a fellow member and mounted a receiver hitch on the bucket so i won't have to turn around when putting my trailer away around blind corners. I also cut the plastic off from around the ignition key to help stop my knee from hitting and bending the key. This was also a suggestion from a member.
DSC04416.jpg
DSC04418.jpg
DSC04417.jpg
DSC04415.jpg
DSC04421.jpg
DSC04420.jpg
DSC04419.jpg

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Just used my 2 inch hitch adapter on my bucket to put my gooseneck trailer away.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used my lawn tractor to move my trailers around in and out of the sheds. I just traded the lawn tractor with one of the members here for a jeep. I needed to come up with a new way to get things shuffled around without cranking my neck around. ( Three neck surgeries )
Thanks to member for sharing the idea and to Mr. Ken for his product!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here i took some advice from a fellow member and mounted a receiver hitch on the bucket so i won't have to turn around when putting my trailer away around blind corners. I also cut the plastic off from around the ignition key to help stop my knee from hitting and bending the key. This was also a suggestion from a member.
View attachment 572265
View attachment 572273
View attachment 572281
View attachment 572289
View attachment 572297
View attachment 572305
View attachment 572313
Where did u get the cutting edge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just used my 2 inch hitch adapter on my bucket to put my gooseneck trailer away.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
Ever have a problem with the bucket top ridge bending?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,466 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts

No, however, I have the extra heavy duty skid steer bucket. It is not a single thickness, so I had to weld on the hitch. Tongue weight of the gooseneck trailer is around 1400#.

Dave

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did u get the cutting edge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was on the tractor when I bought it. The original owner purchased it from John Deere dealer Sloan Implement in Northern IL.
The cutting edge is double sided , so you can cut down when you back drag the bucket. It is kind of a pain because , their is always mud and rock getting hung up between cutting edge and bottom on the bucket. It sure helps when scraping hard packed dirt though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I bought some heavy walled stainless steel pips form McNaster Carr. It is 1/2 inch inside diameter and 3/4 outside diameter I used as spacers between the steel layers of my heavy duty bucket. The bolts go through the inside of the pipe/spacer and the hitch and clevis mount bolt tight over spacers. It worked out the two spacers I had in the bucket for a hook i originally mounted ended up in the center of the hitch. So i left those two spacers in the bucket to help support the hitch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts