Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 1023e and I'm looking for a 2 inch Receiver that can attach to the imatch. I see a lot out there on Amazon, but are they the correct size? Will they fit on the imatch? Anyone have one out there? If so, what do you have? With every option, would I need to buy bushings for it too?
Thanks for your help,

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
It might be more than you want to spend but I sure like my Heavy Hitch. The model I have doubles as a weight bracket for suitcase weights, 2" receiver and I have a grab hook on it as well. I also have the cart with casters which is handy for when I don't need the weight. Pop it into the 2" receiver set it down and even with suitcase weights I can wheel it around the shop.

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
Just purchased a 1023e and I'm looking for a 2 inch Receiver that can attach to the imatch. I see a lot out there on Amazon, but are they the correct size? Will they fit on the imatch? Anyone have one out there? If so, what do you have? With every option, would I need to buy bushings for it too?
Thanks for your help,
May I ask what it is you intend to tow? The reason I ask is that since the 3PH has no down force you have to be very careful when towing a trailer as if the tongue becomes unweighted it will raise up in the air. The could damage some trailers or cause you to dump the load.

I routinely tow a 5x10 landscape trailer with mine. Since the trailer is single axle it has plenty of tongue weight and I've never had a problem. But I've also towed my 17P poly lawn cart and occasionally the load will make it back heavy and it will lift up on the 3PH.

For my receiver setup I went with a standard Cat1 drawbar from TSC and bolted to it a vertical adapter that I got from Ebay. It is quick hitch compatible.

IMG_2128.jpg

·
Registered
674 Posts
I got this from Deere when I got my imatch. I did add the chain hook

Doug

Attachments

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
May I ask what it is you intend to tow? The reason I ask is that since the 3PH has no down force you have to be very careful when towing a trailer as if the tongue becomes unweighted it will raise up in the air. The could damage some trailers or cause you to dump the load.

I routinely tow a 5x10 landscape trailer with mine. Since the trailer is single axle it has plenty of tongue weight and I've never had a problem. But I've also towed my 17P poly lawn cart and occasionally the load will make it back heavy and it will lift up on the 3PH.

For my receiver setup I went with a standard Cat1 drawbar from TSC and bolted to it a vertical adapter that I got from Ebay. It is quick hitch compatible.

View attachment 578233
I had a 3,000lb boulder on a trailer towed via my skidding winch's 2" receiver and the rock shifted back on the trailer causing the tongue to reach for the sky and the skidding winch damn near took out my extra hydraulic valves for my stump grinder (it was within an inch!).

I'm not really sure of a good way to prevent this aside from only towing via the draw bar (like we're supposed to :mocking: ).

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thanks for your help,

I made mine from a standard category 1 draw bar that I had... It looks kind of like this...................

omni2.JPG

And I added a drawbar hitch adapter from Omni... like this...

https://omni-mfg.com/Heavy-Duty-Draw-Bar-Trailer-Hitch-fits-John-Deere-IMatch-other-Quick-Hitches-P2694966.aspx

omni.jpg

There are other ways of doing this.. I just happened to have the draw bar so I bought the piece from Omni.

As far as needing bushings, you'll notice that the pins on the draw bar are 7/8" diameter (category. 1). You'll find that the fit on your Imatch is going to be sloppy, as most quick hitches are set up to use larger pins at both the top and bottom (cat. 3).

To eliminate the slop, you'll need some bushings. Be sure to look at the packaging and notice that they're for either the "top link" or the "lift arm".... They're not the same...

On the bottom, or "lift arm" pins, you can use the large one piece bushing like this to go from 7/8" to the 1 7/8" cat.3 size

z1.jpg

Or, you can use a cat.1 to cat.2 with a cat.2 to cat.3 over it... kind of like this....

DSCF9016.jpg

DSCF9017.jpg

On the top link, you'll need to do the same with a couple of bushings.....

z2.JPG

z3.JPG

DSCF8932.jpg

We like questions so ask away.. Hope this helps.. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I had a 3,000lb boulder on a trailer towed via my skidding winch's 2" receiver and the rock shifted back on the trailer causing the tongue to reach for the sky and the skidding winch damn near took out my extra hydraulic valves for my stump grinder (it was within an inch!).

I'm not really sure of a good way to prevent this aside from only towing via the draw bar (like we're supposed to :mocking: ).

King Kutter's 3-point trailer mover comes with a short piece of chain attached to it. You connect the free end of the chain to the tractor's draw bar/hitch to keep the 3-point arms from lifting as in your example...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man, these are all great ideas! My main two uses would be for a smaller garden Trailer as well as moving my other small trailers around the yard/pole barn.

Thanks again for all the insight!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
King Kutter's 3-point trailer mover comes with a short piece of chain attached to it. You connect the free end of the chain to the tractor's draw bar/hitch to keep the 3-point arms from lifting as in your example...
That's a great idea.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I second this!

hitch5.jpg

I havy both this and a receiver frame for my imatch. I have found that this receiver hitch gets WAY more use by me than the one for the imatch. I tow a manure spreader around most every day, and with the imatch hitch being so far behind the tractor, and the length of the manure spreader tongue, it makes such a long package that maneuverability suffers. With the 3 point raised up, the imatch doesn't get in the way at all when I'm using the receiver plate mounted under the rear PTO. The receiver did get in the way when connecting to the PTO, so I mounted the receiver upside-down. Problem solved. BTW, even mounted the correct way, the PTO was accessible, with my arthritic hands I just needed more room.

The only time I use the imatch mounted receiver hitch now is for the Heavy Hitch trash can hauler. This is a stock internet picture. Even with a trash container loaded with heavy stuff, just back up to the can, use the three point to pick it up, and drive off to the street to drop it.

hitch7.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts