Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed the paperwork yesterday at the JD dealership and all I came home with were two hats and piece of paper! John Deere products are expensive! Seriously speaking, I picked out my machine on the lot and could take delivery of my new 1025R TLB this week, but I can't get free from work. The sales rep. said I definitely need to be there at delivery because he's going to spend some time going over the machine and giving me a tutorial. So, I'll have to wait a little bit (weather hasn't been great anyway). He's also going to detail the machine and make sure it has a full tank of diesel. Sounds good to me! Speaking of diesel, does anyone have any recommendations for a decent fuel can? I was going to go with a metal can, but from what I have read, that's not a good idea.

JD Hats.JPG

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I signed the paperwork yesterday at the JD dealership and all I came home with were two hats and piece of paper! John Deere products are expensive! Seriously speaking, I picked out my machine on the lot and could take delivery of my new 1025R TLB this week, but I can't get free from work. The sales rep. said I definitely need to be there at delivery because he's going to spend some time going over the machine and giving me a tutorial. So, I'll have to wait a little bit (weather hasn't been great anyway). He's also going to detail the machine and make sure it has a full tank of diesel. Sounds good to me! Speaking of diesel, does anyone have any recommendations for a decent fuel can? I was going to go with a metal can, but from what I have read, that's not a good idea.
Congrats on your new tractor.

For a fuel can, if you're looking for 5 gal, I recommend No-Spill.

Here's a couple of threads.
http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/general-tractor-operation-ownership/9421-fuel-container.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/general-tractor-operation-ownership/2909-diesel-fuel-can.html

Just search for "No spill" and you'll get a bunch of discussion.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You could buy the No-Spill 5 gallon can in the JD store or get one from Tractor Supply or Wal Mart or where ever. You should make sure it is Yellow (diesel standard definition container color). Believe it or not I had two stations in my area that would not put diesel in one of my red plastic fuel containers back long ago, so I changed up to the yellow ones.

·
Administrator
20,916 Posts

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
CONGRATS on the purchase of the new hats!! Pretty cool that the dealer is going to throw in a free tractor!! :thumbup1gif:

With regards to the fuel can, here's one I saw in a video the other day. The guy in the video was actually using the 2.2 gallon gas can to fill his chain saw. The fuel can was not the subject of the video, but the guy made a point to say how much he liked the can. I'm going to order one of the 5 gallon diesel cans. If I remember correctly, you can also order these cans from WalMart and Lowes.

Be sure to post pics of the tractor once it arrives. Failing to do so will result in repeated reminders from everyone else here! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I beat my dealer so hard on the price he wouldn't give me any hats...

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
You could buy the No-Spill 5 gallon can in the JD store or get one from Tractor Supply or Wal Mart or where ever. You should make sure it is Yellow (diesel standard definition container color). Believe it or not I had two stations in my area that would not put diesel in one of my red plastic fuel containers back long ago, so I changed up to the yellow ones.
I find it amazing that you have (had) gas stations that pay attention to what is going on at the pumps. When I don't get a receipt when I'm turning it in for expenses, sometimes it's like pulling teeth describing which pump I'm on even using the correct number.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Living in Jersey, most stations they don't care to self serve diesel fuel if the fuel island is separate from the rest of the station, but the ones that are small enough and everything is on the same island they insist filling the container. As you know Jersey is one of two states that do not have "self-serve". There is a clause somewhere in Jersey code about Diesel though becuase I see stickers posted at the diesel pumps to be self-serve. Can't see state inspectors letting that fly when they do their inspections unless there was a rule somewhere.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Congratulations on the new green machine. You should end up with a third hat unless JD has changed things as I got my 'Owner's Edition' about a month later in the mail.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Congrats on the hats.....and the tractor!! Sounds like the dealer is good to work with since they aren't just doing a dump and run but are actually going to spend time with you on it.....and filled the tank! :good2:

Two hats is nice, but the big question is how many keys will you get and what color will those be?!?!?! :munch:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
You get a tractor because you bought 2 hats. 56 buys a hoodie shirt and gets a new car. Is this a new club you have to pay to get into? :unknown: :laugh:

Congrats on your new tractor. :bigthumb:
Make sure you visit the "key" thread and post when you get your keys. Inquiring minds want to know. :munch:
Nobody cares about the sandwich thread. :laugh:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Do a google search on VP Racing fuel jugs. They are a 5 gallon plastic jug with thick walls. You can pour straight out of the jug or you can attach the clear flex tube to cut down on spills. Come in round or square and in a variety of colors.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor! :greentractorride:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of an awesome machine.:cheers:

I also got two hats and a can of green spray paint for touch up on the bucket when I purchased mine.

Reactions: Levi and Robnik
1 - 20 of 42 Posts