Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only took me roughly 2 years to hit the 200 hour mark. I'm channeling my inner RED on this one. 馃槃 Record number of blocks stacked. I removed the backhoe for the 1st time ever. That was super simple. Installed the 3 point hitch. And tested the PTO for the 1st time. No longer a PTO virgin!
Tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Pay no attention to that 10,000 lb 2 post Bendpak lift. Purchased in 2010. Might finish installing it this year. Still have to wire up the micro switch at the top and run power to her. Probably have all my automotive repairs finished for life before it's done.
Dave B.

Registered
You could hang a chain hoist from it.....

Hmmm...your bucket seems level.........floor must be crooked.

Toyota don't get no love or is it out for a drive?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol! Funny you should mention level. I actually checked the tires and set them 22 psi front/ 20 psi rear. I even measured the the bucket up high and down about an inch from the level shop floor. The reason it doesn't look level in that pic is because the play that's in the FEL frame shifts a tad due to all the clearance between the connection points.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

The Toyota got to take a ride to the JD store earlier. There was a missing pin where you attach to the rockshaft. I think that's the name of it. For the 3 point links.

Dave B.

Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
You could hang a chain hoist from it.....

Hmmm...your bucket seems level.........floor must be crooked.

Toyota don't get no love or is it out for a drive?
You won the internet today. 馃ぃ

Reactions: DIYer

Registered
2018 1025R, 120R loader, 60D MMM, grapple
Only took me roughly 2 years to hit the 200 hour mark. I'm channeling my inner RED on this one. 馃槃 Record number of blocks stacked. I removed the backhoe for the 1st time ever. That was super simple. Installed the 3 point hitch. And tested the PTO for the 1st time. No longer a PTO virgin!
View attachment 840150 View attachment 840151 View attachment 840152 View attachment 840153
Pay no attention to that 10,000 lb 2 post Bendpak lift. Purchased in 2010. Might finish installing it this year. Still have to wire up the micro switch at the top and run power to her. Probably have all my automotive repairs finished for life before it's done.
Dave B.
I really like the way you use the ramps and the blocks, my 400 hour service is coming up and I am definitely going to do that.
Instead of using the blocks, I was thinking of using Jack stands. Does that sound reasonable?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I would have rather used my jack stands but they wouldn't adjust high enough to keep the tractor level. This definitely works well and gives you great clearance to get under and remove the filter. I know some videos say to remove the left rear tire. Absolutely not necessary. Plenty of room to slide out the screen with magnet inside. You will have to rotate the tube to clear the neck of it.

Dave B.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some may already know this trick but I'll share it for those who may not know it. Whenever I have a filter that is hard to get a filter wrench on it I like to use an old leather belt. It works really well and you can use your entire weight to help loosen a filter along with gravity.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread

Dave B.

Premium Member
Some may already know this trick but I'll share it for those who may not know it. Whenever I have a filter that is hard to get a filter wrench on it I like to use an old leather belt. It works really well and you can use your entire weight to help loosen a filter along with gravity.
View attachment 840164

Dave B.
I would be careful as with that much force pulling down on the filter instead of applying rotational force, it is possible to break off the nipple that the filter attaches to.

Registered
2020 1025R
View attachment 840164

Dave B.
That's certainly one way of doing it. Another way would be to use a long handled ratchet and one of these (my preferred method):

Best,

Premium Member
Hey Dave, you have a lift, so why don't you use it for the tractor????

Unlike most people here I have to do all of my work in the open. I don't have a garage, and nothing is flat, and at my age everything would go up on that lift.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I keep putting it on the back burner. I need to finish installing the micro switch at the top and running power to it. Plan to make that my biggest goal of 2022! I have done so much automotive repair and maintenance in my shop. Would be nice to finally use it.

Dave B.

Registered
2020 1025R
I'm going to do my 200 hour service early (closer to 75 hours). Saving it for when I install my wheel spacers and will have the left rear tire off anyway. Probably next weekend.

Best,

Registered
LCD...is them bullits in the background....?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts