Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Yanmar diesel engine in my 355D moves around in the frame. I can lift the motor with a pry bar. The bolts that hold the motor appear to be in place. It also has motor mounts. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,284 Posts
The Yanmar diesel engine in my 355D moves around in the frame. I can lift the motor with a pry bar. The bolts that hold the motor appear to be in place. It also has motor mounts. Has anyone else had this problem?
Well, the tractor ain't new anymore. :unknown:
They're similar to the Kohler and Onan engine mounts. I'm sure by now, they need replacing.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
You can always move a rubber mounted engine with a pry bar. It depends on how much effort you use.

First off a Diesel engine will shake more than a similar gas model. The compression ratio is way higher on a diesel. Because of this the crankshaft needs to produce way more power to turn. Because of that the engine parts are made more heavy duty vs a gas engine. The diesel engine has more reciprocating mass so it tends to shake more.

Like anything rubber it deteriorates over time. So because of your tractor's age I'm sure that it's mounts have seen better days. Especially if the rubber is cracked or torn. They also slowly get crushed from the weight of the engine sitting on them all these years. Also any oil that might get on them from a leaky engine doesn't help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts