Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to sell our BMW. My wife has a bad back and can't ride any more ... so its time to move on. Its got 53,000 miles and is in great shape. After looking on line, I see that Cycle Trader and other similar sites say they are going for $3K to $4K. I want $2000. I've added complete bags, a manual cruise control, and intercom system.
1100 RT BMW 17.JPG
1100 RT BMW 21.JPG
DSC00032.JPG

·
Registered
80 Posts
Boy oh boy do I wish I could still ride! Back issues and carpal tunnel have done me in. I don't see how that can last a week! Those miles don't hurt a well maintained bike, and you can tell that one was loved.

Maybe you two can get a trike. I've thoughts on doing that myself, but my throttle hand and arm go numb in less than an hour in the seat. Good luck!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wish I could buy it.

Wife wouldn't even let me have a grom

Actually I started the conversation with "a scooter is a lot safer than a true motorcycle "....didn't even get scooter approved so I could slide up to a grom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Poppi

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
I've got to sell our BMW. My wife has a bad back and can't ride any more ... so its time to move on. I
While loosing the bike sucks, I admire that you consider your wife as part of the experience.

I hope your and your wife find another hobby to enjoy together.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Nice bike. Wife would be pissed as I already have 3 motorcycles.

Reactions: Poppi

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Gloss black paint + Lack of swirl marks = clear evidence of lots of TLC.

For what it's worth, as someone who knows nothing about motorcycles; between the styling and the care you've clearly given her, I'd never know this was a 20 year old machine!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most of the pictures are about 5 years old because we haven't ridden it in the last 3 - 4 years. The one in front of the covered bridge is from a trip to Maine in 2007.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts