Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2000 445 mower. It's running erratically, wanting to cut out, so I checked the plugs - one side has a NGK BPR5ES, the other side has a NGK BPR9ES.

Which is correct? Either? neither? I do not have the owner's manual. Also, if you know the correct gap, would like to know that as well.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
You can always find the Operator's Manuals online.

As far as plugs, all the manufacturer's have look-up utilities on their WWW sites. Champion says you should use their RCJ8 gapped at .030

The crazy Spark Plug Guys show that as crossing to a NGK BMR5A

You can check the NGK WWW site too but you'll need to know the engine info (which ya didn't post here so I couldn't go that route!)

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts
JD Parts shows two different plugs depending on your engine code:

M71939Spark Plug2X(ENGINE MARKED ASO1, BSO1, CSO1,
DSO1)
M802138Spark Plug2X(ENGINE MARKED ESO1 AND FS01)

If a M71939 it would be a NGK BMR6A

If a M802138 then it's a NGK BPR5ES

·
Registered
395 Posts
BPR9ES sounds like the spark plug that I use in my snowmobile...

Capture.JPG

Well would you look at that! Haven't been sleddin' in over 2 years and I still remember.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts

DSO1)

Is there a JD Part # to NGK model # cross reference chart somewhere online? If so can I have a link for my files?

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
That's a beautiful thing! Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
jgayman - Thanks for the info. Problem: I do not see an engine code of AS01, B, C ,D, E, or F anywhere on the motor. Where would this be stamped? I've removed the side and front panels, and see nothing. The only markings are on the right OHV cover - "FD6200", and on the right side of the radiator housing - "JD AM121497". ALSO, I have a mistype in the thread title - It is a 2001 model, not a 2000 "

I would think the engine code would be stamped on the bottom front of the motor, and there is a small rectangle, but nothing shows there.

A bit more help?
Please and thank you!

DSO1)

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts
jgayman - Thanks for the info. Problem: I do not see AS01, B, C ,D, E, or F anywhere on the motor. Where would this be stamped? I've removed the side and front panels, and see nothing. The only marking is on the right OHV cover - "FD6200".

I would think it would be stamped on the bottom front of the motor, and there is a small rectangle, but nothing shows there.

A bit more help?
Please and thank you.
I wish I could help but I have no idea. I was simply repeating the information that was listed on the JD parts site. Knowing JD it is probably stamped inside the crankcase. :)

Hopefully someone with knowledge of the 445 engine will respond.

Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
From the linked Owner's Manual above:

Engine:
Model 445

Make Kawasaki

Model Number FD620D-AS01

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts
It also looks like there was a serial number break on the 445 as the maintenance kit changed ( possibly due to spark plugs)

S/N - 082369 LG180
S/N 082370 - LG188

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
1 - 13 of 13 Posts