Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
MMM independent adjustment

Just came in from adjusting the 54D mower on my 2320. I topped out the linkage, actually had to cut 1/2" of threads off the turn buckle to get them to clear the lift arms so I could get the pin back in. Adjusted front linkage too. Now have about 3/8" from the up-stop on the mower deck. I cannot get any more adjustment out of my lift. This now gives me a 3" cut on the second from highest setting. One word of CAUTION when adjusting for higher lift of the deck, is to check the clearance of the left side lift arm and the steel oil line that runs along the frame above it. The hump on this arm was contacting this line when lifted to the top. Ground some metal off the arm for clearance and it is good now. I'm still a bit surprised the adjustment had to be taken to the max on the linkage to get an adequate cut. One would think when engineering the mechanism it would be designed more to the mid-range of the linkage adjustment.

· Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the image. I just did my 50 hour service tonight and while I was at it, I disassembled the hose to the lift cylinder. Sure enough.....no orifice. Any chance you could get the part numbers for the orifice and o rings (#13)? Thanks.

· Premium Member
7,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks for the image. I just did my 50 hour service tonight and while I was at it, I disassembled the hose to the lift cylinder. Sure enough.....no orifice. Any chance you could get the part numbers for the orifice and o rings (#13)? Thanks.
Yup, please see post #38 in this thread.

· Registered
178 Posts
Ordered the orifice and o rings. They finally arrived, and I installed them yesterday. Deck raises and lowers nice and smoothly now. Thanks so much for the help.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.