Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All......new to the site and looking for some help. Bought my 110 TLB new and short of the safety switch in the seat driving me mad (until I looped the switch) the tractor has been flawless. I just serviced the tranny with new filters & fluid and now the tranny seems to cut out and surge. I did clean the suction screen. This has never happened in the past. The machine has 1700 hrs. of light farm work....backhoe off most of the time. More cut out....you can be going along in any gear and it will briefly cut out and take off. Anyone deal with this before.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
:wgtt:

I moved your thread to the Construction Equipment Forum...

Your issue sounds like one of these problems, either the pedals are out of calibration, or wiring to them is damaged. I have also heard of the flywheel sensor causing the tranny to do some crazy things.

Are there any codes flashing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tlb 110

Thanks for the heads up on the pedals and thanks for moving the ? to the correct forum. Nothing flashing. I don't suppose this pedal thing is a DIY job is it? It has been my experience that anytime I speak with the dealer (on the AG side) they are more ignorant than me, which turns into me getting billed shop time while they get educated. I will contact JD yellow and see if they have a mechanic who has some time on these units.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
It can be done yourself, but you'll need the factory service manual to do it. If your going to maintain the machine yourself, its a great investment.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Welcome, from Texas!

:wgtt:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the pedals and thanks for moving the ? to the correct forum. Nothing flashing. I don't suppose this pedal thing is a DIY job is it? It has been my experience that anytime I speak with the dealer (on the AG side) they are more ignorant than me, which turns into me getting billed shop time while they get educated. I will contact JD yellow and see if they have a mechanic who has some time on these units.

Thanks.

My dealer seems the same way. The top mechanic seems to only want to prep new mowers.

On the bright side, if you are handy with a multi meter the pedal potentiometers are easy to look at. It is a 3 wire, 5 v reference. one is 5v, one is ground, the other is what you measure. If you have the tech manual, it will tell you the wire color.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jd 110 tlb

Hey folks....still learning how to navigate this site....and still having fluid issues with my '03 TLB. I do have a fault code now of three short flashes and a final long flash (total of four). I have also read elsewhere that the model year is critical as JD changed some fault codes from year to years. Anyhow the tractor is still jerking both in forward and reverse. I changed to JD fluid to day as I thought the less expensive Sams Club fluid may be screwing with things........$ 140. later for JD fluid and still the same issue. HELP!!!!!!! Thanks so much.-

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
WF, I merged your newest post with your other thread, it keeps all the info together that way.

I don't know the codes, maybe someone else will and they can post them for us. Did you ever order the manual as I suggested above?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tlb 110

I have yet to order the repair manual....Thanks...and how do I get to construction side of things?
WF, I merged your newest post with your other thread, it keeps all the info together that way.

I don't know the codes, maybe someone else will and they can post them for us. Did you ever order the manual as I suggested above?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tlb 110

[Thanks...Must order a manual
QUOTE=MFreund1;83512]My dealer seems the same way. The top mechanic seems to only want to prep new mowers.

On the bright side, if you are handy with a multi meter the pedal potentiometers are easy to look at. It is a 3 wire, 5 v reference. one is 5v, one is ground, the other is what you measure. If you have the tech manual, it will tell you the wire color.[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
The code you posted ..._ has not changed for the different years. It is Ground Speed Sensor. Could be a bad/loose/corroded connection, broken wire or the sensor it self. Located left side of the rear differencial

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thought I'd chime in here. I've got a 2002 110 TLB with the same "surging/jumping" issue. The problem started out being very intermittent. It progressively got worse, so I took it to the dealer. The code it flashed was short, long, long, short. Dealer said they couldn't locate that code. I don't know how they arrived at this decision, but they replaced the flywheel speed sensor. The problem was cured....for about 10 months (60 hours). It's doing it again. The same code flashes and the problem is very intermittent, just like it started out last time. The dealership dug a little deeper with dtac and found that the load-match feature may be causing this.

The bulletin says: 1) Operate the tractor until the transmission becomes erratic. Do not shut off engine (which usually "cures" my problem for a while). 2) Unplug the flywheel sensor and retest. If the transmission now operates normally, follow the procedures in the Technical Manual to test the flywheel speed sensor and throttle potentiometer sensors and or circuits. If the transmission is still jerky, test the hydrostat charge pressure and system relief pressures and compare them to the specs. listed in the Technical Manual.

I haven't been able to free the machine up long enough to get it back in, so I just deal with it for now. I have also noticed that it doesn't have the ground speed that it used to. 99% of the time, it's not on the road. It's in "B" range for short little distances. When I use "C" range, it really seems a lot slower than it used to be. It also loads the engine more than I feel it should once I'm up to speed in "C" range (paved road, no hills). I really think the problem is tied to this load match feature...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts