Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my functioning 46 Backhoe off my 2320 tractor. Production year is 2006 Rumor had it this backhow was no longer avaiable new, which raises a number of questions in my mind. Please provide insight into the following:

1. Is a new 46 Backhoe and subframe available for a 2320 tractor?
2. If so what would one expect to pay for a new unit with beefed up subframe?
3. If selling, and the prospective buyer is trying to utilize on his tractor, and no power takeoff hydraulics are on the prospecyive buyers receiving tractor, how does this impact the price?
4. Assuming the prospective buyer needs backhoe, frame, and hydraulics, how much is the package worth? (almost same question as #3)
5. How much would one expect to pay for the standard subframe which I would have to reinstall on my tractor if I part with the beefier subframe when I sell the backhoe?
6. Is there a pricing guide online I could consult for pricing info on the tractor and its attachments?
7. Is it a bad move to sell the PTO hydraulics? How much would they be to replace if I had the desire to reinstall another attachment in need of these hydraulics. New and used price on this.

Thanks

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,123 Posts
Welcome to GTT Jon951.
Is the PTO hydraulics you refer to actually the remote hydraulics used for the BH?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,123 Posts
I would keep the remote hydraulics.
Note: The 46 BH is used on the 2520 and the 2720 also.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
The backhoe would be run off the power beyond circuit, and not a rear service.

The subframe and backhoe would need to go together, and selling with the power beyond parts would be an easier sell because it would be everything needed. You probably wouldn't miss the power beyond parts unless you wanted to run a log splitter or other hydraulic attachment with its own valve off the tractor.

For value, the best thing you can do is start watching sites like MachineFinder, TractorHouse, and even Craigslist. See what others are asking for in your part of the country, as prices can vary by region.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,123 Posts
I am fairly certain to fit on another 2320 the draw bar hitch will need to be changed on the receiving tractor.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Thinking about selling my functioning 46 Backhoe off my 2320 tractor. Production year is 2006 Rumor had it this backhow was no longer avaiable new, which raises a number of questions in my mind. Please provide insight into the following:

1. Is a new 46 Backhoe and subframe available for a 2320 tractor?
2. If so what would one expect to pay for a new unit with beefed up subframe?
3. If selling, and the prospective buyer is trying to utilize on his tractor, and no power takeoff hydraulics are on the prospective buyers receiving tractor, how does this impact the price?
4. Assuming the prospective buyer needs backhoe, frame, and hydraulics, how much is the package worth? (almost same question as #3)
5. How much would one expect to pay for the standard subframe which I would have to reinstall on my tractor if I part with the beefier subframe when I sell the backhoe?
6. Is there a pricing guide online I could consult for pricing info on the tractor and its attachments?
7. Is it a bad move to sell the PTO hydraulics? How much would they be to replace if I had the desire to reinstall another attachment in need of these hydraulics. New and used price on this.

Thanks
Others more in the know will pipe up here for sure.
your questions:
1. I can't answer
2. I can't answer
3. I believe you mean PB (Power Beyond) and not power take off. I don't think that it would impact the price at all. To add a BH you need the PB circuit. The buyer can either buy one from JD or he can make his own. So I would not let that affect the price in selling your BH.
4. I can't answer
5. I am not familiar with your subframe. Does it get used with other attachments? On my 990 the subframe is only for the 8B BH and does not get used with anything else. So in my case if I were to sell the BH I would sell it with the Sub Frame.
6. You could go to any of the used tractor sites like machine finder, Tractor house etc and if someone is selling a JD 46 BH you can see what they are selling it for. It may be hard to find. The other place is to ask your JD dealer to see what he might say. I am sure your pricing will have to reflect what type of shape your 46 is in. If it is in good shape you can probably get a good price for it. And even if it is not you can probably still get a good price. Used BH for these CUT's are hard to find. My guess is it will sell pretty quickly if it is priced right.
7. I would not remove and sell your PB circuit. That is a handy thing to have on a tractor for future hydraulic capabilities.

Now others more knowledgeable about your tractor and BH hopefully will chime in.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,123 Posts

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts