Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dads truck leaving bruce's  6-15-15.jpg here's a pic of my truck and trailer leaving my youngest boys home that he took from his porch. I need a longer trailer. :lol: big jim

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
A Ford won't fit on that trailer.:laugh:
In think it would fit but it would be a bear to have to push it up the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The perspective makes the picture a little funny... The trailer spare's relative position to the tractor makes it look like the tractor is hanging over the side in front. :)

What you NEED is a weight distributing hitch. Too much squat in the rear of the truck, and that means too much tongue weight being carried directly by the rear axle. Either that, or roll the tractor back about an inch or two to remove some of the tongue weight.

What is the weight rating for your trailer?

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
12,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You need a Ford.
. J/k
  1. I used to use my 98 ford to haul the trailer!!!
    meburdick
    The perspective makes the picture a little funny... The trailer spare's relative position to the tractor makes it look like the tractor is hanging over the side in front. :)

What you NEED is a weight distributing hitch. Too much squat in the rear of the truck, and that means too much tongue weight being carried directly by the rear axle. Either that, or roll the tractor back about an inch or two to remove some of the tongue weight​

What is the weight rating for your trailer? -----7,000lb weight rating​
    meburdick; what u don't see is my frontier 72 RFM hooked on the back their, and when the loader is on, that's what I have to do to get everything to fit, I get a lot of crazy look's going down the road.:thumbup1gif:big jim p.s. I just now on this post figured out how to copy, paste mulipite replys.

·
Registered
12,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A Ford won't fit on that trailer.:laugh:
gbhpp05; oh-yes it will, once hauled a f-150(my son's) to our local shop for work, took ramp off after loading it and hauled ramp in another pickup bed at the same time and then put it back on to unload it their. now I will say, it was way------------ too much for the trailer and the pickup hauling it, not the power part, but the swaying and top heavy, but I took it real slow and got their and nothing was damaged. also hauled one of them little excavtors too, I think it was a bit heavier then the pickup!! I don't load that heavy anymore. big jim

Reactions: gbnpp05

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Weight distributing hitches are a wonderful thing.. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agreed... As is not towing with the bucket in the air. :)
meburdick; yeah I try not to do that to often, but when u need the loader with other attachments, not much choice, even iff I only live 10 miles away. I have tried backing it on with the RFM sitting on weight wise less on tongue and tractor over tandems and then leaving bucket over gate. that isn't to bad that way. like I said, need a longer trailer. in another couple yrs it won't matter anyway. big jim

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Years ago I had the same issue with a short trailer and a 2210...

I would put the bucket in the back of the truck... The quick attach bucket sure was nice.

Those are some pretty mean looking teeth that you have on that bucket.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
meburdick; yeah I try not to do that to often, but when u need the loader with other attachments, not much choice, even iff I only live 10 miles away. I have tried backing it on with the RFM sitting on weight wise less on tongue and tractor over tandems and then leaving bucket over gate. that isn't to bad that way. like I said, need a longer trailer. in another couple yrs it won't matter anyway. big jim
I don't remember the exact wording of the DOT regs, but in a nutshell - the bucket is supposed to be on the deck and the loader individually secured in order to be legal. I can appreciate where you're coming from on the attachments and such, just wanted you to know in case you didn't.

·
Registered
23,008 Posts
I don't remember the exact wording of the DOT regs, but in a nutshell - the bucket is supposed to be on the deck and the loader individually secured in order to be legal. I can appreciate where you're coming from on the attachments and such, just wanted you to know in case you didn't.
To simplify the DOT regs for this such thing -

Item on trailer less than 10k lbs needs 2 tie downs - one front and one rear.
Over 10k lbs needs 4 tie downs
Any attachment needs its own tie down. At our training I asked about a permanent attachment like the loader arms on the skid steer we were using as demonstration - yes even that.

So a tractor that size with a loader and brush hog would need 4 tie downs - 2 on the tractor itself and one each on the loader and brush hog.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I towed my 2720 on a single 3500lb axle trailer with the bucket and ballast box in the back of the truck. The tractor had a shackle on the front end and a shackle on the draw bar with very large ratchet straps. I had 3500lb or so sratchet straps on the loader frame too. The bucket and ballast box were also held in the bed by ratchet straps. I drove it that way for 300+ miles at 65mph. I want to say the tires were rated for 1800lbs each, so right at their limit. The trailer is a 6'-6" wide, 10' long dove tail. My biggest no-no was having a non-braking axle. I plan to rememdy that before too long.

http://fawbush.org/images/2014_4_6_2720/2014_4_6_2720_1.jpg

The trailer normally hauls my home built mini-buggy:

http://fawbush.org/images/2012_8_19_buggy/2012_8_19_first_drive_3.JPG

·
Registered
12,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
meburndick
the creeper cop that used to patrol and check on the local guys with trucks around here kicked the bucket a couple of yrs ago. he would of cited me for sure I know. heck he waited till a sub-contractor working for the power co. yrs ago had his power back on and then did a dot check at the end of his lane and put him out of service, meanwhile the rest of the area still had no power from the snowstorm. light co. paid the fine, but that guy said he would never come back till that guy retired. I AM NOT A REBEL, MIS-USEING LAWS(well maybe these times)I know ur all trying to warn me, and yes anything can go bad, even in a short distance, gosh people die in their yards, and never get on the road. just thought maybe u like to see pic. BUT, DEFINALTY WILL PICK FROM NOW ON WHICH ONE'S TO POST!!!.:lolol::lolol:
Those are some pretty mean looking teeth that you have on that bucket
yeah, just one size too big, but they do the trick, and I don't i'll wear them out in my few yrs left. big jim:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: rtgt and gbnpp05
1 - 15 of 15 Posts