Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
:hi: Hello ladies 'n gents,

a driver here has probs w/ the 4WD of his 2006 HPX. Sometimes, he says, the HPX is self shifting fom 4/2 to 4/4.
I only know, that the 4wd is on demand - not automatical, just shiftable. Am I right or how is the part time 4wd working?

Premium Member
Actually I think that is the manual for the 2005 and earlier. I think they were serial numbers below 40,000.

Up until 2005 they had the lever shown that you push or pull and an open differential in the front. For 2006 they are true 4 wheel drive and have a switch on the dash that activates it. I do not know what the switch goes to as mine is an 05. I would suspect it goes to relay that activates a solenoid and perhaps there is a problem with one of these three components.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
But you have "to push the button" to activate the 4wd. The guy told he had the feeling, that the 4wd is activated automatical w/out shifting or pushing any lever or button.

Senior GTT Super Slacker
But you have "to push the button" to activate the 4wd. The guy told he had the feeling, that the 4wd is activated automatical w/out shifting or pushing any lever or button.

:dunno:

Registered
i think then i would be testing the switch maybe:dunno:somehow to see if it's working. if it's working-then i would look at the solenoid that Herminator spoke of.

yrs ago my one uncle had a Ford explorer that the solenoid went out of on his front axle-it did the same thing-IIRC. get the test light out.

Premium Member
The odd part is I would think if it was a switch or solenoid it would not engage, not engage automatically as it sounds like the problem is.

Of course the German one could be different, we have seen that before on other things.:dunno:

Registered
My 05 HPX has the push/pull lever under the dash.. :bigthumb:

My bad, I meant to say BigJim's HPX... :hide:
:laugh: i won't bug ya to sell me urs no more-as i have set my sights on the new 2018 835R-(Cadillac model):mocking: have to wait till end of July-or August-oh:cray::drama:

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
:laugh: i won't bug ya to sell me urs no more-as i have set my sights on the new 2018 835R-(Cadillac model):mocking: have to wait till end of July-or August-oh:cray::drama:
Good to hear the date - we're still waiting for the pics...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts