Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I thought that someone out there may be able to help me with information regarding repairs to the four wheel drive on my 2008 Ford F-150. The dash light goes on but the wheels don't go into gear. I recently bought a 'Chilton's' repair manual for Ford Pick Ups #26668, but it didn't have enough information in it. Particularly information regarding the vaccuum lines, actuator, or how to trouble shoot the system. If anyone knows of a publication which specializes in four wheel systems it would be appreciated. Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Hi, I thought that someone out there may be able to help me with information regarding repairs to the four wheel drive on my 2008 Ford F-150. The dash light goes on but the wheels don't go into gear. I recently bought a 'Chilton's' repair manual for Ford Pick Ups #26668, but it didn't have enough information in it. Particularly information regarding the vaccuum lines, actuator, or how to trouble shoot the system. If anyone knows of a publication which specializes in four wheel systems it would be appreciated. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Look here lots of information I just looked at.https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=nARZXMafEeqO0wKLvLGIBw&q=2008+Ford+F-150+with+4x4+trouble+&btnK=Google+Search&oq=2008+Ford+F-150+with+4x4+trouble+&gs_l=psy-ab.3...0.0..2572...0.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try tapping on the actuator with a hammer. Then try to put it into 4x4. If it doesn’t engage the front tires it’s not the vacuum lines, they hold it out of 4x4 and when you put it into 4x4 it releases the vacuum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
So for problems like this I go to You tube. I rarely use my Chilton or Haynes manuals anymore. If this is any kind of a common problem someone will have posted up a video on how to trouble shoot and fix. Some people have better repair techniques than others so viewer beware.

I would also go find a Ford truck forum, I am sure someone will have posted up on the problem there as well. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you all for your help with this problem. I knew I came to the right guys.

Thank you all for your help with this problem. I knew I came to the right guys. The site that you suggested took me to another one which seems to have all of the information that I need. I won't be able to get to it for a while, it's freezing rain outside just now, but I can get at it real soon. In case anyone else is having Ford 4x4 issues here's the link HOW TO: Diagnose your 4x4 system. ESOF - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

1 - 5 of 5 Posts