Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the world of UTV's etc.. We never could afford such a thing. Recently a friend was selling his 2008 gas 6x4 gator with 800hrs on it, so I bought it. I was wondering if they make a Manual cargo lift for this unit. The power assist is quite high in price. Any Ideas. Also, When I bought it, he did not have the tailgate. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could use as one. I know I can purchase them but they are expensive.

Thanks.

·
Registered
927 Posts
:hi: Imo it's no good idea to safe this money. But if you will build your own tailgate, you only need two U-profiles and some planks...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I am new to the world of UTV's etc.. We never could afford such a thing. Recently a friend was selling his 2008 gas 6x4 gator with 800hrs on it, so I bought it. I was wondering if they make a Manual cargo lift for this unit. The power assist is quite high in price. Any Ideas. Also, When I bought it, he did not have the tailgate. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could use as one. I know I can purchase them but they are expensive.

Thanks.
I would hit Craig's list, Ebay, Facebook Market place to see if you can find someone parting one out and get your parts that way if you don't want to buy new. I see gator's on CL all the time in various conditions from brand new to being parted out. I would also look at the government DRMO (Defense Reutilization and marketing office) website to see if you bid on a non-running one at auction. They will most likely be a M-gator with a diesel engine but some of the body parts etc might swap.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Check with Power Sports Nation in Norfolk Nebraska, they’re are a large used part warehouse for UTV’s.

They may have an electric dump bed setup as well as a tailgate?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts