Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been seeing this completely bad ass 2008 M-Gator A1 on Craigslist for a while.
They are built like tanks with 10 gauge steel beds. Bars, ROPS, tie down rings, pintle hitch and best of all diesel powered. Can run on JP-8 as well.
Still has blackout lights and rifle holder.
Dude says it doesn't have hour meter.
Starts and runs like top he says in coldest weather.

Anyone have any clue of worth? Or what they bring used.
Looking at engine pics he sent it looks pretty clean.
They are pretty rare in civilian market I know.

Only thing I could find was that it was around $22,000 new in 2008.

IMG_8275.JPG

IMG_8276.JPG

IMG_8277.JPG

·
Registered
11,640 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My concerns are...

-No hour meter
-2 tires replaced and other 4 need replacing so it tells me it does indeed have a substantial amount of hours/miles
-the chains look like they have never seen lube
- this wiring splice along frame concerns me and the spaghetti coming out of it.

IMG_8282.JPG

·
Registered
926 Posts
The A1 is used but she (I think, for you vehicles are female, here the Gator is male) is tougher in case of the rugged design than normal Gators.

At last, it's only a question of thumb and pointer finger (as we say here: Eine Frage von Daumen und Zeigefinger)...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
The M gators were a beefed up version of the std 6x4. M1 gators had an updated engine, rops and better engine cooling system. I worked for several yrs at a dealer outside of Ft Bragg NC and have worked on hundreds of these. When the Army decommisioned some they cut the wiring harnesses. Then they were sold thru property disposal.
I would love to have one!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The M gators were a beefed up version of the std 6x4. M1 gators had an updated engine, rops and better engine cooling system. I worked for several yrs at a dealer outside of Ft Bragg NC and have worked on hundreds of these. When the Army decommisioned some they cut the wiring harnesses. Then they were sold thru property disposal.
I would love to have one!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Ah ha.
That would explain the wiring harness splicing.:thumbup1gif:

Worth 10K?
That's what he wants.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts