Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the average life span for the injectors on this tractor?
At 11 years old with 470 hours would it be good to replace them?
I think the part number is MIA881874 and seem to be reasonably priced.
Deere shows this part number as electronic injector at $200 but everyone else seems to list it as mechanical and around $60.

If this is the correct number and they are about $60 each then it might just be a good idea to replace them.

·
Registered
301 Posts
At 400 hrs I wouldn't bother unless you're having issues. Wouldn't expect issues for a few thousand hours at the very least , things can change however due to fuel quality etc.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having a vibration issue at full throttle and wonder if it might be an injector not firing at the absolute correct time.
I may pull then to get tested just to see.
I am not sure on fuel used. Most of the tractors life was at an airport so it is possible they used Jet A for most of the 440 hours they put on the tractor.
Then a trucking company had the tractor for a year and likely used their red diesel.

I am not using standard "pump" diesel.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The last time I owned a boat with fuel injected twin outboard motors, I found a place in south Texas that re-built injectors. I cannot remember the name of the company, but they did a good job for a reasonable cost, as I recall.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.