Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2010 gas tractor recently started stalling out after it sits idling for at least 5 minutes. It will fire right back up, idle for 5 minutes then slowly stall out again. Hopefully this coming weekend I'll have time to dig into it a little bit. The carburator has supposedly been rebuilt a few years ago, along almost every electrical component on it since the previous owner hooked up the battery backwards and walked away only to find melted wires when he came back. The gasoline is fresh. I'm no tractor mechanic, so were would you guys start looking for problems...? thanks for the help in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Fuel filter?

How does it do if you don't let it idle that long and start moving it under some power?

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel filter?

How does it do if you don't let it idle that long and start moving it under some power?

It goes just fine under power. The only other issue is if I throttle down quickly then it will stall, but starts up again. I figured that was just carburetor related.

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
It goes just fine under power. The only other issue is if I throttle down quickly then it will stall, but starts up again. I figured that was just carburetor related.
Based on what you said, I would agree.

Sorry I am not that good with carb's to tell you what it is, but hopefully one of our smarter members will be along shortly.

Most of my issues have just been gummed up stuff and running a tank or two of SeaFoam treatment through them has brought them back to life.

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
My guess is idle jet/passage partially plugged and when running faster, it is not longer using the idle jet/passage.

Reactions: rtgt
1 - 6 of 6 Posts