Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OUCH!
It appears JDParts.com has been updated with the new EH 3rd SCV....it looks like JD doesnt want anyone to get the 3rd SCV...Granted things are more expensive thru parts, but for grins I priced out JUST the EH Valve Assy and it comes up as 1,200 bucks!
Cost me 350.00 for the ENTIRE "old Fashioned" mechanical kit for my cabbed machine...
Still waiting to see the 4th & 5th Kit...

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Great.... I thought that the third scv was a mechanical one just like the older models but the 4th and 5th were EH?

My warehouse date is this week... They best not tell me that my old quote is bad! Not after 4 months!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 3x listing in JD Parts has the SN# Breaks listed....But I see nothing for the 4x's....I'd assume if they have a warehouse date they must have the SN#?

·
Administrator
21,065 Posts
Post #12 in THIS thread spells it out pretty good...the new options are NOT backwards compatible either.

New and updated kits for 4320-4720 Compact Utility Tractors
EH third SCV on 4000 TWENTY Series Tractors
EH third SCV joystick for cab tractors

The new factory- or field-installed EH third SCV kit increases productivity by allowing improved loader applications such as a 4-in-1 bucket. The EH feature provides a smoother and quicker response to the operator’s movement. The kit also includes a 12-V adapter.
Fourth and fifth SCVs on 4720 Open-Station Tractor
Fourth and fifth SCV controls
Fourth and fifth EH SCV switches

The fourth and fifth SCV kit provides two additional pair of rear SCVs. The kit can be field installed on a tractor with or without a loader. The functions are completely separate from the loader.
Updated power-beyond and electric diverter kits
The redesigned power-beyond and electric diverter kits provide a more reliable performance without affecting the fit or function.
New creep to reposition kit
This exclusive creep to reposition kit allows the operator to reposition the tractor and control the engine speed from the backhoe seat.
Compatibility
The new kits are not backward compatible. Please refer to the serial number break table.
Sorry the photos did not upload in the order I thought they would...
1)New EH 3rd SCV 2)New 4th&5th OS Controls 3)New 4th&5th Cab Controls 4)New 4th&5th SCV 5)New EH 3rd SCV Joystick

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post #12 in THIS thread spells it out pretty good...the new options are NOT backwards compatible either.
Doesnt matter...it will be compatible with MY 3520...with enough time & money, anything is compatible :laugh: But on a serious note...its my plan (assuming I dont need to sell a kidney to buy the kit) to install the EH 4th & 5th SCV on my 3520...

·
Administrator
21,065 Posts
Doesnt matter...it will be compatible with MY 3520...with enough time & money, anything is compatible :laugh: But on a serious note...its my plan (assuming I dont need to sell a kidney to buy the kit) to install the EH 4th & 5th SCV on my 3520...
Why go with JD stuff? Solenoid valves can be had for less elsewhere as you know-didn't we discuss this on the "other" site? Maybe we need a Hydraulics forum here:wink:

BTW...if you still go "over there" there was a guy asking about your rake build a few days ago...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why go with JD stuff? Solenoid valves can be had for less elsewhere as you know-didn't we discuss this on the "other" site? Maybe we need a Hydraulics forum here:wink:

BTW...if you still go "over there" there was a guy asking about your rake build a few days ago...
I've never crossed off a "normal solenoid valve bank" from my list...but my issue is this...Feel free to call me stupid :crazy:...I cant think of a way to make it look nice when all installed. We have one on a CIH Maxxum and its a huge monstrosity of a hose spider....nothing I want hanging off the back of my 3520....Using the JD Valve Bank & Switches will give me an uber clean "factory-esque" install...from all outward apperances, it WILL Be factory. I guess if I found a nice small compact Solenoid Valve bank I could tuck in somewhere under the cab I would do it up myself (using the now available JD Switches:beer:)

You want/need a hydraulics forum? Didnt put one on because we didnt have any resident experts :brow: You offering your services? :laugh:

I'm gonna go look for that Rake thread....:rain:

·
Administrator
21,065 Posts
I've never crossed off a "normal solenoid valve bank" from my list...but my issue is this...Feel free to call me stupid :crazy:...I cant think of a way to make it look nice when all installed. We have one on a CIH Maxxum and its a huge monstrosity of a hose spider....nothing I want hanging off the back of my 3520....Using the JD Valve Bank & Switches will give me an uber clean "factory-esque" install...from all outward apperances, it WILL Be factory. I guess if I found a nice small compact Solenoid Valve bank I could tuck in somewhere under the cab I would do it up myself (using the now available JD Switches:beer:)
I have not seen the JD offerings yet-curious where they will hide them...but you are correct about most solenoid valves and the little real estate on the new tractors.

You want/need a hydraulics forum? Didnt put one on because we didnt have any resident experts :brow: You offering your services? :laugh:
Your call...If you and Brian want me I would be happy to do it.:hide: Just don't invite JJ:crazy::cookoo: here or all bet's are off!:laugh:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not seen the JD offerings yet-curious where they will hide them...but you are correct about most solenoid valves and the little real estate on the new tractors.
Therin lies the beauty of the JD Setup...from the pics I've seen, it appears the 4th&5th SCV is a self contained unit...by that I mean the mount/couplers/Valve Bank are all one nice tight package...coupled with factory hard lines...slick install....I think. The 3rd EH SCV is now up on JDParts if you look at the 3520 Model...newest SN# Break.
I never said it in the "infamous cab/no cab post" :hornets::hide: but thats one advantage you open station guys have...Pretty sad when you can get a compact mechanical SVC for cheap and a compact EH SCV is pretty much N/A.

Lemme get back to you on the Hydraulics section :shhh:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I thought about going further with the hydraulic options but I think I have all I need sofar

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I got word.... Mine should be here by 9/15 and it will be a 2010. I had a discussion with the dealer and between him and deere they made it "right".

I wont be able to run the new EH stuff, but I don't think I would have dropped the cash for it anyways.....

I may ask Kenny for some help making stuff a bit more customized!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Brian, that is good, glad you able to get it straight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dave,
If you buy it on a new 3x20 tractor it's $850 for EH, $350 for manual. What's the serial number brake? I wonder if my 2010 3320 can retro it?

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Dave is not planning on buying a new tractor. he is going to figure out how to do this on his and show people how to do it on tractors before the serial break.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave,
If you buy it on a new 3x20 tractor it's $850 for EH, $350 for manual. What's the serial number brake? I wonder if my 2010 3320 can retro it?

Rob
The break is for 2011 units only. It wont be plug & play on you 2010, but if Deere ever releases the info and stuff, I'll order the kit and work some magic with the help of this forum... a complete writeup will be found here!
BTW, the pricing you list is for the 3rd SCV...I already have the 3rd SCV (manual)...what I want to add is the 4th & 5th SCV (No more diverter on the new ones)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.