Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i can jump the switch but how do i do it? do i unplug the switch then pull out the red on top and the orange on bottom and solder them together? thanks patrick.

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
i know i can jump the switch but how do i do it? do i unplug the switch then pull out the red on top and the orange on bottom and solder them together? thanks patrick.
First, :wgtt:

There are several methods of disabling the RIO on your tractor. Check out the "Disable RIO on 2012 John Deere 1 series" thread. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
43 Posts
so simple, even a caveman can do it

I have found an extremely easy way to bypass the RIO. Not sure if it is just coincidence or not but when you pull up on the PTO switch to over ride the RIO it is the exact same size as a cloths pin. I keep a clothes pin in the cup holder for when I need to cut around the house and some obstacles, I have enough open space so most of the time I don't need it anyway. This way no modification and when my 12 yr old gets a little older for more tractor work RIO is always operation for his safety. Plus I am always concerned when making modifications.

Question for the experts - any issue with having the override always in place? I would think it is the same as the jumper wire people talk about.

Attachments

Reactions: Ransx77
1 - 3 of 3 Posts