Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in most of the country this year we are dealing with excessively dry conditions. Therefore, due to high fire danger, I don't want to risk the "trail ride" this year, but would still like to have a gathering. At a friend's suggestion, maybe have a "co-op lunch" w/tractor line-up at the picnic grounds.

I would like this to be an annual event as long as I'm able to hold it. I think all who attended last years event had a good time & there's room for more! And, if we're lucky, the weather will cooperate & we can do the drive (about an hour)!

I haven't even been to the farm for 3-4 weeks because of the heat, but it won't take long to get things ready. The pond is low, but I won't have to do much mowing!

Let me know what you think & if you're interested in coming on September 8th, 2012, or possibly the 15th of September. ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: To allow an extra week for possibility of rain, the trail ride will be postponed until Sept 15, 2012! If we don't get some rain by Sept. 5th, it will be cancelled for this year.

Sorry for the run-a-round, but it's just too dry here to be safe. I really want to keep this event going in the future, so will try again next year.

I will post here for sure by September 5th! ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been to the farm today, 2" of rain over the weekend, things are already starting to green up! I'll see what it looks like by the end of this week or first of next week & say for sure by the 5th. ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2nd annual "Garden Tractor Trail Ride " will be held September 15, 2012!

Baring rain, of course. ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1/4" of rain at the farm yesterday, just enough to settle the dust.

Tomorrow looks great, weather-wise! "Mostly clear, high of 78*. ~~ Lowell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts