Green Tractor Talk banner

2013 1 & 2R series video

5574 Views 20 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  pcabe5
I don't see many changes with the 2013 tractors in this video. No telling how old or accurate it is though...

http://jdvideocontent.com/video/1-65.wmv
Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Thanks for the posting. One thing I caught was Larger tires,,,, you could tell they were bigger. Looked like the ones off the 2320 ??
Side panel decal has changed from 1026R to 1025R. The fuel cap is green instead of red.
Are you saying you thought the one series wheels and tires were larger?

I couldn't tell...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
See less See more
The tires on the 1 series look the same size to me also.
Looks like the goofy safety triangle is gone from the dash and the John Deere symbol is back. Or that part of the video is old.
Sorry my mistake,,,, Beat me with the wet noodles....

Had volume turned down and just seen Larger tires did not notice they were talking about the 2 series.

Did see the green fuel cap and the 1025r on engine panel ,but also noticed on the one showing more lights looked to me like to still said 1026r.
Either way dealer had told me there would be no more 1026r that they were changing it to 1025r.
See less See more
Sorry my mistake,,,, Beat me with the wet noodles....
Okay, good. I've had my 1026r for about three weeks, I was going to be annoyed if the new model had bigger tires.
Okay, good. I've had my 1026r for about three weeks, I was going to be annoyed if the new model had bigger tires.
Mine is almost 4 mo and I would've been mad.
I saw both a 1025R and 1026R decal at different points in the video. Also the 1023E had a Green fuel cap. I've seen green on pickup trucks, but normally off highway is red isn't it? Well that or just plain black. At one point didn't it say "Optional" reverse implement operation? I saw the guy pull the PTO switch so I guess the qualifies. I'm super glad my 1026R doesn't have that.....

See less See more
I saw both a 1025R and 1026R decal at different points in the video. Also the 1023E had a Green fuel cap. I've seen green on pickup trucks, but normally off highway is red isn't it? Well that or just plain black. At one point didn't it say "Optional" reverse implement operation? I saw the guy pull the PTO switch so I guess the qualifies. I'm super glad my 1026R doesn't have that.....

I noticed the decal discrepancy as well.:confused:
See less See more
The first 2 series shown is a 2032R. Later there is a 2025R. Notice that the loader is an H130. My dealer also told me that the 2013 2 series will get the auto connect deck feature and an upgraded seat option.
The biggest new feature of the new 2R series will be new exhaust emissions equipment. :thumbsdown: Either electronic engine controls or exhaust after-treatment or both. Anything over 25HP will have to meet tier 4 EPA emissions requirements. Hence the de-rating of the 1026R to 25HP and the new model number 1025R.
See less See more
The biggest new feature of the new 2R series will be new exhaust emissions equipment. :thumbsdown: Either electronic engine controls or exhaust after-treatment or both. Anything over 25HP will have to meet tier 4 EPA emissions requirements. Hence the de-rating of the 1026R to 25HP and the new model number 1025R.
Would be tough to have after treatment without electronics. How would it clean the filters?
See less See more
Catalytic converters and such don't require computers. But they certainly will be adding more stuff than I'd like to see under the hood of a compact tractor. Have you seen any of the tier 4 utility or ag tractors? Tons of emissions stuff there. Of course the requirements are tougher to meet in those HP classes.

Sent using Tapatalk.
See less See more
More $ also. But, I really like the sound of a better seat.:laugh:
I've decided to wait on the 2032

I came this close (thumb and index almost touching
) to buying a 2720 a few weeks back but decided to wait, spend a little more ($3-4000?), get the auto connect and better seat etc. I am sure that I will be happy when the local JD gets me one. Hopefully, it will sometime next Spring. I don't know if I can take waiting much longer now that I've decided.
See less See more
Catalytic converters and such don't require computers. But they certainly will be adding more stuff than I'd like to see under the hood of a compact tractor. Have you seen any of the tier 4 utility or ag tractors? Tons of emissions stuff there. Of course the requirements are tougher to meet in those HP classes.

Sent using Tapatalk.
The NoX cat and PM filters need electronics to regenerate. These dont function like a gasoline cat.

This link should answer some questions.

http://www.gsgnet.net/c/c.aspx/YAN001/productdetail/252
See less See more
The article refers to engines over 19kw concerning exhaust after-treatment. Catalytic converters have been used on diesels for many years. (Although some were unsuccessful) My old truck had a kitty on it. It sure didn't have all the fancy computer controlled exhaust after-treatment that today's trucks have.

I am only speculating in earlier posts as to what is on the new 2R series. We know they will have to comply somehow.

Sent using Tapatalk.
See less See more
The article refers to engines over 19kw concerning exhaust after-treatment. Catalytic converters have been used on diesels for many years. (Although some were unsuccessful) My old truck had a kitty on it. It sure didn't have all the fancy computer controlled exhaust after-treatment that today's trucks have.

I am only speculating in earlier posts as to what is on the new 2R series. We know they will have to comply somehow.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Right the 19KW would be approximately 25.5 or 26 hp so this matches the over 25 hp starting point. The catalytic converters you are referring to on older diesels, example old California 12v's and 2004.5-2007 Cummins, were not NOx or DPF catalysts. They functioned as a DOC to remove unburned fuel, CO, HC and CO2 primarily. You are correct that they did not require a regen but they did not require the regen cycle because they were not filtering NOx and particulates. Tier 4 is concentrated on these and the only way for NOx and DPF filters to clean themself is to regenerate using injected diesel fuel in the exhaust stroke. I'm just saying this would be tough to do without electronics. So if the linked article is close we would have EGR, and two exhaust filters. I can say that EGR really makes your oil black and you should wear gloves when changing oil because the soot is tough to get off your hands otherwise.

Also as you know some older diesel also had resonators and people used to call them cat's for some reason.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.