Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone who has actually replaced the air filters on a 2014 1025R confirm the OEM part #'s.

Deere uses serial #'s for these parts, but I have some conflicting info I'd like to get squared away.
Thanks

M131802 & 803

or

LVU34503 & 504

What worked for your 2014.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,234 Posts
Post up a picture of your air filter housing, as in location and I be able to answer.
OR

M131802 & 803

Filter Old.jpg

LVU34503 & 504

Filter New.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Stock air cleaner canister takes M131802 & 803. This is the canister that is parallel to the engine, and is held to the bracket that's mounted to the intake runner cover, with a rubber strap. This is the prone to fail bracket, and if you're unlucky, failure of the intake runner cover also.

The "updated" version has the air filter canister mounted to the radiator support, and is perpendicular to the engine. It should have a sticker on it with the air filter elements part numbers, which are LVU34503 & 504.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Stock air cleaner canister takes M131802 & 803. This is the canister that is parallel to the engine, and is held to the bracket that's mounted to the intake runner cover, with a rubber strap. This is the prone to fail bracket, and if you're unlucky, failure of the intake runner cover also.

The "updated" version has the air filter canister mounted to the radiator support, and is perpendicular to the engine. It should have a sticker on it with the air filter elements part numbers, which are LVU34503 & 504.

Well there ya go. That is the conflicting info I suspected.

Green Farm Parts and I confirmed my Ser # per Deere to take the LVU filters.
So John Deere is wrong and don't know what filters my tractor takes???? :nunu:

For what it's worth, I also confirmed at a Dealership that my tractor ser # does not include the fix on fail canister bracket that has imploded.:dunno:

Kylew, I knew you had a 2014 and was hoping you'd reply. Thank you sir.
I take it you also have replaced these filters and your tractor took the "M" filters. ?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

·
Registered
7,608 Posts

For what it's worth, I also confirmed at a Dealership that my tractor ser # does not include the fix on fail canister bracket that has imploded.:dunno:

I take it you also have replaced these filters and your tractor took the "M" filters. ?
If the 2014 still has the air cleaner housing mounted on top of the engine, then it will take the "M" filters, if the air cleaner housing has been updated to the front radiator core support, then it will take the "L" filters. The "L" filters are shorter in length than the "M" filters as the housing is shorter, being it's location is side to side in the engine compartment on the radiator core support, instead of front to back on top of the engine.

Your machine has the "Original Location" so it takes the "M" filters. Personally, I would upgrade that ASAP regardless if Deere will pay for it or not..............

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts

You're welcome, my pleasure.

Spring of '18 I did a 200 hr maintenance and replaced the outer air filter, and yes it was the M131802. At that time of maintenance, I checked the nuts holding the bracket and they were loose. What sparked me into checking them was Tractor Time with Tim's video of the broken bracket & replacement. I was inspecting the bracket, yadda yadda yadda and found the nuts loose.

Since then, I did the "update" and now have the canister using LVU34503 & 4. My tractor was not covered by the bulletin either, so I paid out of pocket. One of the best $150-ish I've spent on the tractor. I don't remember the length of time between when I last checked the nuts and the time I replaced the A/F..... maybe 6-10 months? When I took the bracket off the nuts had loosened again. I'm glad I 'updated'. Cheaper than a multi-thousand dollar engine.

I don't know what the deal is with the parts catalog. I see what you mean about the serial number break, for the listings of the air filter. I don't recall JD having that in the catalog months ago when the air filter bulletin started to blossom. Seems to me PC11842 only listed one air filter assembly then, and that was the one with the bracket mounted to the engine. What I have found with JD's parts catalog is the pictures take precedent over the serial number break. Sometimes it's a fine line to do that, but I've found the pictures are more accurate.

FWIW, I don't know of any 2014 1025R that came with the air cleaner mounted anywhere but on the engine from the factory, even if the catalog says otherwise. Maybe there is some out there, but I've not seen it yet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well,,,,,my hard headedness gave in.
Still torques my a$$ to no end about Deere not providing the parts to relocate that filter.

Just got off the telephone with a super nice young man named Joe with Green Farm Parts.
We figured out what parts I needed to relocate the filter and then kept my original order for Maint kit that has the LVU filters.

Maybe this thread will assist someone in the future to check twice about what filters they need.
The Ser # method is incorrect, at least in my case it was.

Thanks for y'alls help.
Now, another cup of coffee and a Camel, and back to cleaning up Little Johnny and get him in the shop for some maintenance and I got parts coming for my driveshaft ordeal.

64 degrees here and sunshine!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,234 Posts
Still torques my a$$ to no end about Deere not providing the parts to relocate that filter.

Just got off the telephone with a super nice young man named Joe with Green Farm Parts.
We figured out what parts I needed to relocate the filter and then kept my original order for Maint kit that has the LVU filters.

Maybe this thread will assist someone in the future to check twice about what filters they need.

Thanks for y'alls help.
Now, another cup of coffee and a Camel, and back to cleaning up Little Johnny and get him in the shop for some maintenance and I got parts coming for my driveshaft ordeal.

I'd break the bracket. And then call your dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts

Thanks for y'alls help.

They have a Filter Pak that includes LVU34503? That's the first I've heard of that. Got a part number? FYI, LVA21036 does NOT include LVU34503, unless they changed it. When I did my 200 hr, I used LVA21036 and it came with M131802.

Yeah, my serial number of 225XXX doesn't correspond with the catalog either. Again, I trust the pictures more than the serial number.

I'd break the bracket. And then call your dealer.
In my case, it still wouldn't do any good. My tractors serial number is not within the affected range. The serial number range doesn't start until early 2015, month of March IIRC.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm b,b,b,b,b,b,blue with envy. 14" of snow over the weekend and 5F this morning....and your taxes are a lot less, too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts