Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve tried to figure out based on other postings how to connect the wires for the rear work light and the aux lights. I have all of the wires run down through the ROPS, but now I have 8 wires and only 4 bullet connectors on the tractor harness.

The instructions do not have a provision for the 1025r. Can anyone help me?

The two wiring harnesses that came with the rear light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
I’ve tried to figure out based on other postings how to connect the wires for the rear work light and the aux lights. I have all of the wires run down through the ROPS, but now I have 8 wires and only 4 bullet connectors on the tractor harness.

The instructions do not have a provision for the 1025r. Can anyone help me?

The two wiring harnesses that came with the rear light.

i think u need the same bullet connectors to hook them up-i think. and IIRC fellas was able to get them at Napa stores. them wires u have laying there? did u unhook them from ur tractor? mine came with the light kit i bought from jd back then. but then when i bought the work light, they forgot to add that one, and they had to send me one. mine looked like urs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those came with the rear work light. I have 4 bullet connectors on the tractor for the rear flashers. Those are black (female) and gray, green, orange (male).

·
Registered
123 Posts
On my 2305 the harness that came with the rear light was sort of a Y and let you split off for the rear light and front lights. I think the tractor had one pair of bullet connectors. The front light harness was a Y harness that plugged into that. The rear Y harness plugs into it to add a leg. Two "forks" in the wiring if you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
Those are splitters. Plug the single end into an existing harness connector and it will give you TWO connections for lights. So all totaled you can plug FOUR lights into TWO connections.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I installed the front and rear jd light kits on my 1026r for a shortly after getting it. With the 2 kits I ended up with 3 lights. I ended up with an extra splitter that was included with the kits, but wasn't needed. The lights simply plug into the tractors harness . Should be a pair of unused plugs near the bottom of the ROPs.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Those are splitters. Plug the single end into an existing harness connector and it will give you TWO connections for lights. So all totaled you can plug FOUR lights into TWO connections.
^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^
I only used one splitter when I installed mine as I only put one work light . :cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
I installed the front and rear jd light kits on my 1026r for a shortly after getting it. With the 2 kits I ended up with 3 lights. I ended up with an extra splitter that was included with the kits, but wasn't needed. The lights simply plug into the tractors harness . Should be a pair of unused plugs near the bottom of the ROPs.
Hang on to that extra splitter. JD wants $28 each for those.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s what I am doing. I get plugging the left aux light and rear work light into the harness/splitter. But where does the other end plug into then? I have 4 connectors coming from the tractor to the flashers, which have 4 wires (3 male, 1 female). So unless I am missing something from the instructions I am still 2 bullet connectors short when it comes time to finish the job.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
That’s what I am doing. I get plugging the left aux light and rear work light into the harness/splitter. But where does the other end plug into then? I have 4 connectors coming from the tractor to the flashers, which have 4 wires (3 male, 1 female). So unless I am missing something from the instructions I am still 2 bullet connectors short when it comes time to finish the job.

I'm a little confused by your question.
I do know there is a factory purple and black bullet connect blanked off down near the base of the ROPS for auxiliary lights on the 1025. I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for.:dunno:

·
Administrator
17,986 Posts

See below...
You need to find the work light wires, purple and black. They will be bullet connectors with nothing plugged into them.

I do know there is a factory purple and black bullet connect blanked off down near the base of the ROPS for auxiliary lights on the 1025. I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for.:dunno:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

It’s been a while since I did this . But from what I remember it was a quiet simple straight forward job. The hardest part was for me was fishing the new wires though the ROPS. All wiring/plugs needed were included with the jd kits. Jd may have made some changes since 2011 when I did mine. There should be a set of unused plugs near the bottom of the ROPS. You will likely need to cut a few zip ties to free them up. I think the wires were purple, and one purple with a black stripe. This wiring harness may be the same the flasher and fender mounted lights are in. What I can’t remember is if the existing plugs were both on the same side of the tractor or not. If the wires that you have are both the same length for the forward kit, the plugs are going to be on both sides of the tractor.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is what I would be looking for. I’ll look again, but had not seen it yesterday.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Got it all figured out. Thanks to everyone that helped me figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, that's what we're here for.
Spend people's money and maybe help point a thing or two out once in a while.:laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts