Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year again! We did this last year and everyone seemed to have a good time with it, so we decided to do it again this year.

What is it?

It's a gift swap with your friends here on GTT!

How does it work?

On November 14th names will be randomly assigned, and participants will receive a PM from me with the name of the person they are sending a gift to. Read your person's posts (even the old ones), try to get to know them a bit and think of something they would like. You can buy it in person and pack it yourself, or order it online and have it shipped to them but please try to have your gift delivered by December 18th.

What are the rules, and how do I participate?

To participate, you must be a GTT member and have a minimum of 35 posts.

Post in this thread, and send a PM to me with Secret Santa in the subject line. In the body of the message, please include your name and the address you would like the gift you receive sent to. The entry period will close at midnight, Friday November 13th. Names will be randomly assigned the 14th and you will receive a PM with the name of your gift-ee. The person you are buying for may not be the person buying for you!

If you do not wish to receive food as a gift, please note that in your PM to me! Some members may have particular dietary restrictions or allergies and may not be able to enjoy certain food items.

There is no set spending limit, this is meant to be fun. Spend what you like.

If you can, note on the outside of your package that it's a GTT Secret Santa gift, just to prevent any possible confusion when it arrives. That may not be possible if you're shopping online, but please do if you can.

When your gift arrives, please post and let everyone know that it has arrived.

Make sure you PM me with your address! Can't do this without an address. I understand some folks don't want to give out their home address and that's okay- we can use a PO box. However, be aware that UPS and FedEx will not deliver to PO Boxes so you may be limiting your Santa's shipping options by doing so.

This is meant to be fun, and not a burden on anyone. If for some reason you cannot follow through, please contact me as soon as possible. That information will stay with me, we just want to make sure everyone that sends a gift receives one.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Last year was pretty fun, and seeing the stuff people received was a blast. Folks really did get to know their recipients, gifts ranged from Bolt On Hooks to hand forged items to a whole lot of other stuff. Here's hoping for another good time this year, and with a group like this I'm sure it will be! :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
Blake, You can count me in. Hope to get the Christmas shopping done early this year!

Frank

·
Administrator
20,480 Posts
I'm in. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,569 Posts
In :yahoo:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Count me in.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Yep, I'm in!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,768 Posts
Count me in.

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
11,548 Posts
I'm in! But if I get Gizmo2, I'm sending him 2 lumps of coal! :laugh:
Not to worry FG, not to worry, old Santa Cajun got that covered, Gizmo's presents already in the sack, fresh fifth of Smirnoff in the
cup holder and fresh lit Marlboro clenched between my teeth.:lol:

Attachments

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
How did I miss this thread....:hide:

I'm In.
2 Lumps of coal for you too, pink tractor driver! Dang, if I get some of you, it is going to be EASY gift giving! :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,768 Posts
2 Lumps of coal for you too, pink tractor driver! Dang, if I get some of you, it is going to be EASY gift giving! :laugh:
If I get you you're gettin nothin! :lol:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Even that is probably more than I deserve! :laugh:

(Now, as soon as it turns cool enough around here, I need to get the fireplace going, and save a few pieces of coal, so they will be ready for shipping! After all, with no more of us that have signed up, there is a good chance I'll get one of you that deserves it!)

If Gizmo2 gets rtgt, he could always send him some of that GREEN paint!

·
Premium Member
8,459 Posts
Even that is probably more than I deserve! :laugh:

(Now, as soon as it turns cool enough around here, I need to get the fireplace going, and save a few pieces of coal, so they will be ready for shipping! After all, with no more of us that have signed up, there is a good chance I'll get one of you that deserves it!)

If Gizmo2 gets rtgt, he could always send him some of that GREEN paint!
If either of you get me...:munch:

I'm screwed...:flag_of_truce:

But I'm a good sport....:thumbup1gif:

NOT!:nunu:

1 - 20 of 187 Posts