Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased this tractor and mower for mowing large areas. 374 hrs any issues or dislike or positive thoughts. Trying to convince myself it was the right thing to do. Mainly will be a mowing machine. The hood has a little stainless vent in it and the exhaust appears go up thru it and down and out the bottom also.
Doesn't appear it has had an implement on the three point hitch.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts
Congratulations. The 3R's are great tractors.

The exhaust vent in the hood is for when it goes into regen, otherwise the exhaust goes out the pipe by the front left wheel.

BTW, we like pictures.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations. The 3R's are great tractors.

The exhaust vent in the hood is for when it goes into regen, otherwise the exhaust goes out the pipe by the front left wheel.

BTW, we like pictures.
How bad are the exhaust fumes during regen?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I mow all my property with a 3r and 72” mid mount deck, it a great setup. I’d suggest checking the deck over a little, maybe some new blades, definitely lube the spindles and driveshaft. You also might consider changing the gearbox oil and check the belt out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mow all my property with a 3r and 72” mid mount deck, it a great setup. I’d suggest checking the deck over a little, maybe some new blades, definitely lube the spindles and driveshaft. You also might consider changing the gearbox oil and check the belt out.
Yes a maintenance check on everything. It was bought online with pc's and a video. But when I picked it up something were not as they were told to be.

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts
How bad are the exhaust fumes during regen?
Smells kind of "sweet".

You can tell it went into regen and the sound changes a bit but other than that, I just keep on going.

Give your new tractor a good go over and put it to work.

I did some "mowing" with mine today.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I hate the diesel emission equipment. Since it was bought used no manuals. Light use today the red stop sign on the left side of the dash came on. I have read this means the dpf needs cleaned is safe to manually run the cleaning or does this mean it needs to go to the dealer for a cleaning?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I hate the diesel emission equipment. Since it was bought used no manuals. Light use today the red stop sign on the left side of the dash came on. I have read this means the dpf needs cleaned is safe to manually run the cleaning or does this mean it needs to go to the dealer for a cleaning?
Only 374 hours

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts

Try that link above. It's a list of 3033Rs that you can view the owners manuals for, for free. Unfortunately, there's a couple different ones that it could be for your year, but they should be similar if you check them out. On their pages, if it's green, it's clickable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the link.
Went out earlier and let it warm up and tried to get it in the Regen cycle per the instructions. It would not work. Drove it down the road high range full throttle third of a mile or so. Drove it back in low range 3/4 throttle. No stop sign or any warning lights this time. So i,m not sure what to think. We will need to start mowing any day so time will tell.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’d suggest running it hard mowing and see what happens. I never even know my emission system is there, I’ve only seen it work once since buying the tractor. Get the exhaust temp up working it, and the carbon will burn off. Try to avoid situations that would create black smoke on a diesel without a system like bogging down without adequate engine throttle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
IIRC, the red stop light can mean different things other than the DPF needing regened. I know the first day the wife and I had it out, she was backing it up when I was hooking up the rotary cutter and the stop light came on. Tractor would not move at all. Shut it off and turned it on, hasn't done it again since.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Deep clean and service this week . Looks like the engine side covers are a pain in the rear to remove , bolted on and not easy to get to. I've read a lot . Not to many videos on this model.

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts
Looks like the engine side covers are a pain in the rear to remove , bolted on and not easy to get to.
My 2017MY 3039R only has one nut & bolt in the top front corner of each panel that has to be removed. You will need a 10mm socket and wrench. Once the nut and bolt are removed, pull slightly forward and then up.

Not as easy as just opening the hood, but I only remove the panels for the annual service.

It is easier to do without the loader attached.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks
It`s a 16 model and the online manual says remove two nuts and a bolt and some type of latch on the lower front.
I hope its easier than it looks. If not it will take a very long extension or multiple tools. For what in my opinion should be a simple process.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They changed this on the 2018 model. Mine is just a little pull and twist then slip the panel off. No tools require.

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Need help. The mid pto will not work. It has three option mid , rear or rear and mid together. The rear works the rear and mid work. But just the mid pto will not come on. No dash lights or anything. The other two lights on the dash come on.

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts