Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 rig should have the updated SCV that alleviated the,"FBS". Recently it's developed floppy bucket. If I raise bucket and curl it up and down, it goes away. Is this normal or anything I should have addressed? Hoping its rig growing pains. I'm getting tired of going back to the dealer for a lot of constant minor stuff with a multi week turn around time. Would appreciate any advice. Again, while operating, if I curl it back and forth it I'm good.

Reactions: bama1025r and rtgt

·
Super Moderator
8,130 Posts
My 2016 rig should have the updated SCV that alleviated the,"FBS". Recently it's developed floppy bucket. If I raise bucket and curl it up and down, it goes away. Is this normal or anything I should have addressed? Hoping its rig growing pains. I'm getting tired of going back to the dealer for a lot of constant minor stuff with a multi week turn around time. Would appreciate any advice. Again, while operating, if I curl it back and forth it I'm good.
It sounds like you've developed a problem. Your loader operation should be consistent and predictable. That being said you should check your hydraulic fluid level and the loader SCV quick disconnects. It's possible that you have restricted fluid flow at one of the connectors. Disconnect, clean and reconnect all four hydraulic connections and check loader operation once again.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Believe me, you don't want an actual FBS loader, it's really scary when hoisting a mower deck, etc. and suddenly it gets the dropsky-bang! I thought all the newer machines had the updated SCV also, hope it's just a misconnected QC and not the valve...:unknown:

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
My 2016 rig should have the updated SCV that alleviated the,"FBS". Recently it's developed floppy bucket. If I raise bucket and curl it up and down, it goes away. Is this normal or anything I should have addressed?
"Floppy" bucket or "Droopy" bucket? Droopy bucket syndrome is the bad one, which the new SCV addressed - that is when you try to gently curl up a loaded bucket and it drops instead. That's dangerous. Floppy bucket occurs when dumping a heavy load out of the bucket and the bucket, when lowered to the ground, tends to flop upwards (no down pressure) until the cylinders can re-fill with oil.

Mine will do the floppy bucket thing when dumping a very heavy load if I don't move the SCV lever all the way to the right.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
All the way to the right puts the system in "regeneration" for a fast dump. It also does do some funny stuff sometimes. Doing cordwood I begin the dump in regen and take it out as the load begins to drop out of the bucket. Seems to work OK and acts normally.

Controlling heavy hoisting: STAY OUT OF REGEN AT ALL COSTS AS YOU COULD DO DAMAGE TO LOAD OR LOADER!

It's right there in the FEL manual.

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Controlling heavy hoisting: STAY OUT OF REGEN AT ALL COSTS AS YOU COULD DO DAMAGE TO LOAD OR LOADER!

It's right there in the FEL manual.
Where? I can't find any section on "Heavy hoisting" in the H120 manual, nor any mention of "regen", they call it "fast dump".

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Where? I can't find any section on "Heavy hoisting" in the H120 manual, nor any mention of "regen", they call it "fast dump".
Just read through my "on computer" H120 manual, and 1026r manual and you're right, only "fast dump" on the bucket and "float" on the boom control. Maybe I got the 2 cornfused BUT... I'd still stay away from "fast dump/regeneration" with a weight similar to my 54D mower deck or above if the load is bendable or breakable. Or.... try it out and give me a heads-up. I'm always willing to learn by other's repairs.:laugh:

Wasn't there a sticky or a running post about "Regen and what it does" a while back...?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
... Or.... try it out and give me a heads-up. I'm always willing to learn by other's repairs.:laugh:
According to my memory, using "fast dump" when dumping a full load of material is slower/gentler than not using it.

·
Administrator
18,274 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Thanks for that Kenny!

I still won't use it lowering hoisted equipment. I prefer to feather the control manually for smooth drop... It's great for aggregate, cordwood, etc., though.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 10 of 10 Posts