Green Tractor Talk banner

2016 National Farm Machinery Show - Louisville, Ky (Videos from the floor)

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Tractor Tim 
#1 ·
Christy and I attended the 2016 National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville Ky yesterday (2/13/16).

Several folks commented last year that they wanted more pictures/video from the event. So, we did our best to capture what we saw on video. No promises on the quality, nor the accuracy of the commentary. Also, we didn't come close to capturing the entire show.

A few comments..
1. There were MANY MORE compact and sub-compact tractor manufacturers present this year than last year.
2. The John Deere booth was much larger than last year. It was 'back to normal" this year. Last year, there was a significant cutback in the size due to the farm economy.
3. Even with the sluggish and pessimistic farm economy, the crowd was a large as ever.
4. The show has continued to grow. It is now virtually impossible to see the entire show in one day.

If you ever have a chance, you should make the effort to attend this. I believe it is the largest indoor farm show in the country.

I divided the video into 3 segments. We captured most of the small tractors, but by late afternoon, we grew tired of them, so we did not video the Kioti and Branson brands. We might have missed a few other small equipment manufacturers as well since we simply did not have time to walk every isle.

The 3rd video will have close-ups of the tractor pulling tractors. It also has some herbicide demonstrations from Syngenta.

Here is the first video. The other two will be available tomorrow. I'll post them to this thread as well.

I hope you enjoy.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger

Reactions: Tractor Tim
#5 ·
Chris,

Yea, this one was at or maybe above her limit. First time she has gone with me (and likely the last :) ).
However, we had a good time together. Of course I watch lots of HGTV and go to home shows etc to make up for it.

I think you met her at another such event one time...

Tim

#8 · (Edited)
Here is the second video.

Here is video #2 of the National Farm Machinery Show 2016

- Fendt tractors
- Massey Ferguson
- Bush Hog Grapple
- Bad Boy
- Worksaver
-- SG-26 Stump Grinder
-- Pallet Forks for JDQA (competitor with Artillian).
- Overview of South Wing from atop a Massey Ferguson Combine
- AGCO Booth
- Oliver 88 Pillow Pet
- Brief look @ Kubota & Deere booths (more in video #3)
- BEFCO
- Land Pride Grapple & new 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 bucket.
- Lincoln Welders
- TYN USA (compact and subcompact tractors).

#9 ·
3rd Video from the show floor

This is the final segment of our video from the 2016 National Farm Machinery Show:

- Syngenta (fascinating herbicide displays)
- John Deere (large and small)
- Kubota
-- drive-over auto-connect deck
-- Various size tractors
-- QH15 and QH05 quick hitches
- LS Tractor
- Yanmar
-- a couple of old Yanmar tractors featured.
- Mahindra
- Tractor Pull Tractors (up close - touch and feel)
- Pulling Trucks (up close...some with body raised)

- Tim & Christy's commentary (in other words, we were tired and resting!)
- High end walk behind planter. Can't remember the name, but I have a brochure if someone is interested in more info.

I have some brochures from other products shown here. So, let me know if you are intrigued by anything you have seen.

#10 ·
What is the name of the high end planter? I would like to investigate it more! Thanks for sharing your videos, as I did not know there was an equipment show that large. My son and I might have to attend it next year. Do you know when and where the next years is?

#12 ·
Here is the link to high-end planter Mechanical Transplanter LLC

Feb 15-18 2017 (which seems to be a week later than normal). Almost always the week BEFORE Valentines day.

This show is always in Louisville. Not many midwestern locations with that much space available, along with the ability to have a tractor pull each night in the stadium.

Tim

#11 ·
They have that show every year in Louisville, KY. It always seems to fall around Valentines Day, so it would be a good place to take your wife along too!! :good2:

I went two years ago. I got there around 11:00 a.m. and was plumb tuckered out by 5:00. I know I didn't see everything and just glanced at a lot of stuff instead of really looking at it. If you're driving all the way from Mississippi, I'd plan on taking two days (at least) to go through the show. My commute was about 2.5 hours each way so I just made it a day trip.

I wanted to go again this year, but my work schedule didn't allow it. Hopefully next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.