Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Rock River Thresheree is celebrating 60 years this year and I have always thought about checking it out, but just never seem to make it. An acquaintance mentioned that it was featuring John Deere this year, so now I didn't have any excuses not to go. What a FANTASTIC day I had. I will start you guys out with the Deere stuff and we'll go from there. This place had tractors, steam engines, swap meet, military section, blacksmiths, sawmills, steam powered pile driver. I took over 100 pictures and everyone of them was worth it. This thread is going to get long as I think you'll love all the photos. So here ye go, let the fun begin.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Randy,

Did you see my son there?:laugh: He was there with a cute girl. My son worked on the tracks on the of the new kid's train. He helped his boss haul tractors and stuff over there on Wednesday and Thursday.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Mike, I only saw the cute girls.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Great pictures, Randy. Waiting for the remainder.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: BigJim55 and MDrew

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I was looking at the pictures again because I didn't make it this year. I think you saw his boss. Looks like him on the right side of the first picture.

Reactions: BigJim55 and RandyM

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,692 Posts
Waiting for more pics...

Sent using the space-time continuum.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pictures, Randy. Waiting for the remainder.:thumbup1gif:
A few more for ya Don.

This is what I have on the Deere stuff. Some other really neat stuff to come.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well, since there seems to be a following for the military stuff, here are the pics of the that display.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,521 Posts
Cool stuff Randy!
Since you don't have a phone, much less a smart phone what are your using for a camera?

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,692 Posts
Cool stuff Randy!
Since you don't have a phone, much less a smart phone what are your using for a camera?
By the file name, possibly a Sony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool stuff Randy!
By the file name, possibly a Sony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:lolol: Yes Ken, I do have a phone, though be it not a cell phone and still connected to a wire. Zach is correct on the make, it is a Sony Cyber-shot with 7.2 mega pixels. I have had it for approximately 10 years now. Any particular reason you ask?

·
Administrator
18,521 Posts
No reason at all Randy, just curious that's all.

Reactions: pcabe5 and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here ye go, more pix.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
:lolol: Yes Ken, I do have a phone, though be it not a cell phone and still connected to a wire. Zach is correct on the make, it is a Sony Cyber-shot with 7.2 mega pixels. I have had it for approximately 10 years now. Any particular reason you ask?
Reminds me of my father, who is now 87. When I was allot younger, I remember saying to my father, "why don't we get one of those new COLOR TV's". My father, serious as a heart attack, looked at the one B&W TV that sat in the corner of the living room and said, "what is wrong with that one, it still works!"
My father, to this day, has never loned money for anything but a house! His generation knows what a $1.00 is.

He also used to tell me, "if you don't work, you don't eat". Boy do we need this in today's world!!

GREAT PICTURES Randy, even with your 10 year old camera that still works!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts

This looks like an old derrick pile driver. Is that what it it????

Yep, it's loud and ugly, shakes the ground and awesome.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This looks like an old derrick pile driver. Is that what it it????
Yep, it's loud and ugly, shakes the ground and awesome.
Mike is on it. :thumbup1gif: That thing is driving a 16 inch log straight into the ground and it is a woman crew doing it.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
More pics.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts