Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow, Doris & moi will start our trip to lucky Luxemburg. GATOR and BAMBY are ready to go and the tour next day will bring us to the Gülser Moselbogen, 125 miles away. But most important and good news is: weather will be fine next days :yahoo:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will you be driving the Gator 125 miles?
Sure, Blake. Therefore we've bought the GATOR. We started this morning at 8 a.m. and than we drived and drived... and had 25 miles more because of detours ... But after 7.5 hours we reached the first travel destination - a caravan site at the river Mosel, near Koblenz here in Germany. And now we'll go to the restaurant :thumbup1gif:

k-DSCN2922.JPG

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! That's a heck of a drive in a Gator. Is it common for people to use them on such long distances there?
No, you will not find many GATORs here in D - and normally we drive this distances with our tractors... :good2:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, we've finished 450 km (280 miles) and tomorrow we'll start back home again 350 km. And when we're home again, the roundtrip distance was 800 km (500 miles) with the Gator 550 and BAMBY.

·
Administrator
20,283 Posts
Awesome! Sounds like you're having some fun. :good2:

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
Does the Gator have special tires? Stock ones look like they would wear out real fast in road service with those kind of miles.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the Gator have special tires? Stock ones look like they would wear out real fast in road service with those kind of miles.
No, I use the normal turf tires they sell here in D - now more than 385 hours. And I think, they'll stay up to 500 hours or more.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Home again and everything is all right!

The route planner generated 700 km for the round trip - without all the detours we had to drive. The detours were more than 70 km and we drove 120 km in Luxemburg - not at last to see a very special tractor collection! Next days I'll post some pics - but tomorrow I've to go to work and so it's time to sleep...

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
No, you will not find many GATORs here in D - and normally we drive this distances with our tractors... :good2:
That is awesome jd.rasentrac, you guys are hard core operators over there!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Like promised before, I'll post some photos

2011-08-31 18-14-14.jpg Five years ago, we drove with our Johnnies to Luxembourg.
k-DSCN2923.JPG This year, our journey was more comfortable. Here we are near Koblenz, at the river Mosel.
k-DSCN2930.JPG Guess, what's our camping place.
k-DSCN2941.JPG BBQ - every evening. I hate bbq!

Nico Roeder invited us, to visit his personal collection. He's collecting all brands, the principle thing is that the tractor is rare.
k-DSCN2952.JPG k-DSCN2956.JPG k-DSCN2958.JPG k-DSCN2964.JPG k-DSCN2967.JPG k-DSCN2969.JPG k-DSCN2970.JPG k-DSCN2974.JPG k-DSCN2984.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some more pics

k-DSCN2996.JPG

k-DSCN2997.JPG

k-DSCN3031.JPG

k-DSCN3055.JPG

And some pics from the camping ground

k-DSCN2940.JPG
k-DSCN3061.JPG
k-DSCN3060.JPG

And this pic is typical for the landscape, we've crossed on our tour - valleys and hills, hills and valleys...
k-DSCN3121.JPG

But it was a wonderful journey. I hope, you like the pics.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Some more pics

And some pics from the camping ground

And this pic is typical for the landscape, we've crossed on our tour - valleys and hills, hills and valleys...

But it was a wonderful journey. I hope, you like the pics.
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

Superb, thank you for taking the time to post 'em up.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,943 Posts
Great pictures, impressive :bigthumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts