Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1023e, When trying to start it I popped the ignition 20amp fuse. I did a load test on the battery and it showed very weak so i bought a new one. I then replaced the the 20amp fuse. When I try to start it, It clicks once then pops the fuse. I only have 81 hours on the tractor. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Administrator
22,404 Posts
Check the seat switch wire...I seem to remember if it gets pinched it will blow the main fuse.

Reactions: Minuteman17

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I have a 1023e, When trying to start it I popped the ignition 20amp fuse. I did a load test on the battery and it showed very weak so i bought a new one. I then replaced the the 20amp fuse. When I try to start it, It clicks once then pops the fuse. I only have 81 hours on the tractor. Anyone have any ideas?
To narrow the field, could you post a list of other things you have already done, checked, and eliminated as possible causes. Folks put a lot of effort into responses, and it’s disheartening to be told “oh, I already did that.”

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
It's possible the starter has shorted. Remove the positive side starter cable, replace fuse, turn key. Does the fuse blow?? If it does not blow replace starter after having starter tested

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Try the trace with a light bulb trick ... Make/find and adapter where you can put a 12V filament type light bulb (I have never tried a LED bulb) in place of the 20A fuse. Then try the starter. If the bulb lights bright, disconnect something down the line and try to isolate the culprit/short etc. Keep track (so you can replace the wires to the right place after) and keep disconnecting wires/devices, etc until the light bulb doesn't shine bright. That may point you in the right area to look further. You do need to follow with a schematic if available.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To narrow the field, could you post a list of other things you have already done, checked, and eliminated as possible causes. Folks put a lot of effort into responses, and it’s disheartening to be told “oh, I already did that.”
Replaced the battery, Checked for shorts and cut wires, checked for pinched wires. tapped the started,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts