Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to join asking a simple question. How do I remove the dash minted pto switch on my tractor? Does it lift enough to slide in something to push in clips? I have looked from rear side of dash panel and see no easy way to access that. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,240 Posts
Here's pictures of the back side of mine, a 2014 with the knob style PTO switch, but I believe the rocker style is the same. What you see is the side of the switch closest to the engine. The side closest to the seat is the same. (Sorry the pictures are upside down....stupid phone. :laugh: I'll see if I can edit them later)

Remove the right hand side engine cover, and access the back of the switch by reaching in by the fuse block. Notice the 2 tabs in the picture holding the switch. There are 2 more on the back side, closest to the seat.

The hole in the dash is very tight and is difficult to get the switch out. If you depress the 2 closest to the seat and cock the switch, you can get those tabs to pop out. Then use a small screwdriver to work the front 2 closer to the engine.

You can try to depress both the right hand ones (front and back) and cock the switch, then do the left hand ones, but I didn't have any luck. Either way it's a pain.

20190612_162452.jpg

20190612_162452.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,240 Posts
Let's try this again. I took 2 photos but I think I uploaded the same one twice. This is corrected and the right orientation.

2019-06-12 18.10.08.png

1 - 4 of 4 Posts