Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm new on Green Tractor Talk; been reading lots of great info and stories on here for a while. My name is Ed and I'm from Indiana. I bought my 1025R new in 2/2017 and have really only just begun to start accumulating other attachments and accessories to help the wife and I on our 4+ acre wooded property.

I saw a video on installing the 3pt hitch on a 1025R and at around 6:30 into the video it shows the top link spring being secured to a clip on the back of the rops lower support. My 1025R TLB does not have that clip and I can't seem to find the part anywhere. I'd like to have that clip so my spring (hook) doesn't get damaged when lifting the 3pt up. I'm currently using a small fabric bungee to hold the spring out of the way :). Could anyone point me to that clip part somewhere?

Happy to finally have joined you on Green Tractor Talk!

Reactions: Yank and Mackford13

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wow, you found that quick! I've been searching on and off for a few days, lol. That looks like the part I'm looking for. Thank you!
I don't have a hole pre-drilled for it either, but I'm going to get it and will drill my own hole. Thanks again.

After staring at that diagram, it looks like the support has a tang on it that is bent out where that clip would mount to. Appears to be a bit more work to cut/bend that tang into a support that doesn't have it, but I may do that, too. Or, just buy that support...

Reactions: Yank

·
Registered
127 Posts
You're welcome. It's still raining here so I'm not tearing up the yard yet.

Looks like that clip will cost you $4.03. Use code TTWT (for Tractor Time With Tim) to get free shipping.

·
Registered
332 Posts
(y)

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, just bought the support, too. greenpartstore and ttwt are awesome!

Finally getting some warmer weather here. I've been clearing out some trees and trying to organize the barn, it's a mess. Hope to get some pallet racks like Tim and get all this stuff off the floor!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hmm thats interesting. I have 2017 also & mine never came with that snap clip holder either. Thanks for sharing guys.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never would have thought about it without seeing that video. Sorry yours didn't come with that clip either; it's the little things that get under my skin sometimes, especially when it comes to my tractor. I don't know if it was a dealer miss or what, but I just bit the bullet and ordered the clip and the support.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yep me too, little things like that seem to irratate me too even though it's not that big of deal it's just the idea of missing something. I've had mine for 4years without but you know what I'll probably end up ordering one anyway cuz now i know it's supposed to be there it's gonna bother me when I look at it lol.

Reactions: Yank and TyBoo

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know what you mean. I am going to order it too even though it has never had it and was never even meant to have it since the mounting tang is not there. I'll make a wedge for that.

The thing is, I live less than five miles from the Pacific ocean and with the two pieces rubbing as they click in and out the parts will rust up in short order. But, my JD is incomplete without it. Thanks a lot, @eam2nd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts