Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I've been a reader of the forum for quite a while and have to say thank you to so many of you for the insights into this purchase. My 2017 1025R was delivered this evening with the snowblower attached. I also got a back blade for spring clean-up when the slushy mess starts. My loader and mower will be delivered in the spring per my request.

I have a couple of items on the tractor that I haven't seen information about. I had the dealer install the Premium LED light kit and also the new for this year, electronic chute deflector.

Here's a brief video I made of the unit. If you have anything you would like me to take more video of, please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Looks good,have fun.:good2:

·
Premium Member
12,721 Posts
Nice video. Do you have the kit number for the electric deflector kit?

That's a really elaborate and odd arrangement that JD went with especially considering the vast number of linear actuator kits that we've seen that simply attach to the existing holes.

Also, something doesn't look right in the way the dealer installed the wiring harness and connectors for the fender mounted lights. I would assume all of those connectors should be under the fender with only the wire loom visible. You might want to solicite input from others who have had those lights installed.

·
Premium Member
12,721 Posts
That right hand side mounted switch panel is very interesting. Did they provide you with a part number / style number for that? I've not seen that used on any other model of tractor before.

I would be interested to see how close that spout actuator comes to the grill guard when the blower is raised all the way up. On my 54" blower the chute is only about 1" away from the grill guard when raised all the way up.

·
Premium Member
12,721 Posts
Ok... I found it.

BLV10843 - Electric Remote Spout Control Kit - $285 (requires chassis harness)

BLV10720 - Remote Spout Control - Chassis Harness - $206

That is a very expensive option. Hopefully the fender-mounted switch box is also part of the chassis harness kit.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,687 Posts
Congrats on the new Deere! Nice video.

I knew a Tim Meinert back in CA...

·
Premium Member
14,896 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride:

·
Registered
588 Posts
:wgtt: from another Michigander.
Congrats on the new green machine, which Bader and sons did you purchase from?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That right hand side mounted switch panel is very interesting. Did they provide you with a part number / style number for that? I've not seen that used on any other model of tractor before.

I would be interested to see how close that spout actuator comes to the grill guard when the blower is raised all the way up. On my 54" blower the chute is only about 1" away from the grill guard when raised all the way up.
I don't think the switch panel is a John Deere part. I'll get some more info on the panel and report back.

I'll shoot some video of the chute articulation so you can see it in relation to the grill guard.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Nice video. Do you have the kit number for the electric deflector kit?

That's a really elaborate and odd arrangement that JD went with especially considering the vast number of linear actuator kits that we've seen that simply attach to the existing holes.

Also, something doesn't look right in the way the dealer installed the wiring harness and connectors for the fender mounted lights. I would assume all of those connectors should be under the fender with only the wire loom visible. You might want to solicite input from others who have had those lights installed.
I have the same lights mounted on my 2038R and the connectors are tucked-away in a recess and held in place with a tie wrap. And the center light in back is for the 3 point hitch & rear implements, and the lights up on the ROPS should be facing behind you - assuming you want lights facing the rear.

Sincerely

Deere 2038R 222 Left Fender LED Light.jpg

Deere 2038R 221 Right Fender LED Light.jpg

Deere 2038R 220 3 Point LED Light.jpg

Deere 2038R 219 ROPS LED Lights.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,721 Posts
And the center light in back is for the implements and the lights up on the ROPS should be facing behind you.

View attachment 539698
Although JD officially refers to these lights as the "forward lighting kit" I don't think there are any hard fast rules for whether the ROPS mounted lights face forward or to the rear. With the fender mounted lights being so low and kind of behind the loader mounts most folks who do night work find they need more light and add the ROPS forward lighting kit with the lights facing forward.

Others who do most of their work in reverse may find they need the extra illumination to the rear. I've even seen folks point one light forward and the other rearward.

It's nice that the mounting is designed in such a way as to allow the flexibility to mount them facing in either direction.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Although JD officially refers to these lights as the "forward lighting kit" I don't think there are any hard fast rules for whether the ROPS mounted lights face forward or to the rear. With the fender mounted lights being so low and kind of behind the loader mounts most folks who do night work find they need more light and add the ROPS forward lighting kit with the lights facing forward.

Others who do most of their work in reverse may find they need the extra illumination to the rear. I've even seen folks point one light forward and the other rearward.

It's nice that the mounting is designed in such a way as to allow the flexibility to mount them facing in either direction.
The "Premium Lighting Kit" part number BLV10673 is the official name of the kit. The installation instructions show how to mount the lights facing rear and there is a note that states they can be installed either way depending on personal preference. Obviously any light that is mounted using a single bolt can be swiveled in any direction 360 degrees around....They can even be pointed at the ground or up in the air using their horizontal pivot.... basically you can face them any direction you want! I do agree with you about the fender mounted lights being down so low their effectiveness is restricted by the machinery....

Sincerely

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::good2:

Reactions: pcabe5 and TJR345
1 - 20 of 31 Posts