Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2017 1025R TLB
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of Tim's Electric Rear Remote Valve Kits (4 spool) and wondered if some sort of Tee fittings could be put on the main hydraulic lines (pressure & return) ahead of the remote kit and rear power beyond hose couplers so that the remote kit can be used when the backhoe is connected? I noticed that there is 2 extra mounting brackets for additional couplers above the current rear couplers at the power beyond location. I was thinking of using one of the spool valves on the remote kit for a thumb on the backhoe.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,227 Posts
Just connect it in series. Power Beyond "P" to 4-spool. 4-spool to backhoe. Backhoe to power beyond "R".

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
You don't need tees. Connect it all in series. Tractor to backhoe. Return line of backhoe to summit kit. Return line of summit kit to tractor Return port

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Just connect it in series. Power Beyond "P" to 4-spool. 4-spool to backhoe. Backhoe to power beyond "R".
This ^^^^^
I did exactly this when I modified my BXpanded mechanical thumb to a hydraulic thumb.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
You don't need tees. Connect it all in series. Tractor to backhoe. Return line of backhoe to summit kit. Return line of summit kit to tractor Return port

What they said - I've also got the 4 spool kit on a 2017

Pb+ -> summit kit -> BH -> PB R.
Or the other way: BP+ -> BH -> Summit kit -> PB R.
Order doesn't Matter, so long as it's a complete circuit.

·
Administrator
22,931 Posts
You cannot "tee" high pressure supply lines as the fluid will "take the path of least resistance" and not flow through the valve that is commanding work. All valves must be in series.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Thanks to everyone. It looks like I'll be going to get some hoses made.
Why? .It should just connect in line.

Assuming that you have the correct male/female ag connectors on the summit kit it literally just plugs in.. What are the hoses for?.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
2017 1025R TLB
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why? .It should just connect in line.

Assuming that you have the correct male/female ag connectors on the summit kit it literally just plugs in.. What are the hoses for?.
I've got plans for the two longer hoses that came with the kit to use on my hydraulic top link. I mounted my remote kit on the right side above the power beyond connectors as I'm a big guy and couldn't get around the kit on the left side when climbing on the backhoe. Worked out great for me. Just need some shorter extension hoses to make the kit and the backhoe circuit loop.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
You've already done what I'm wanting to do with my BXpanded thumb. How did it come out? Any pointers and pictures?
Check out my post 260B hydraulic thumb project.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Correct title:
260B backhoe hydraulic thumb project.

·
Registered
1025R, 120R loader, 260B backhoe, Frontier AV20F grapple, Frontier box blade
11 Posts
So total newbie here…

while taking delivery yesterday my sales guy told me that I’d have to disconnect from the third function for my grapple and reconnect to the backhoe. And that I couldn’t use them both (without switching lines) at the same time.
Does this solve that kind of issue?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
So total newbie here…

while taking delivery yesterday my sales guy told me that I’d have to disconnect from the third function for my grapple and reconnect to the backhoe. And that I couldn’t use them both (without switching lines) at the same time.
What 3rd function setup do you have for the grapple?
I know the factory 3rd function with work with the backhoe connected.

·
Administrator
22,931 Posts
So total newbie here…

I'd bet a steak dinner the sales guy is 1000% incorrect.

·
Registered
1025R, 120R loader, 260B backhoe, Frontier AV20F grapple, Frontier box blade
11 Posts
What 3rd function setup do you have for the grapple?
I know the factory 3rd function with work with the backhoe connected.
Just the top of the grapple. In the rear area there is now a disconnected line (goes to the backhoe) and he said I need to disconnect the new line and reconnect to the original to use the hoe. I can take a couple pics

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Do you mind taking a few more pics zoomed out so we can see the routing of those lines?

Edit: Also if you don't mind sharing the line item for the "3rd function" on the invoice? If you want you can block out the price, really just curious as to "what you were specifically sold".

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.