Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was clearing out some light brush plus some deadfall in my woods and got a branch shoved btwn the headlight and housing. Been thinking of this since then. Had some angle iron and expanded metal lying around so I thought to give it a try.

I am by no means a professional fabricator but know enough to get me in trouble. Both guards are just sitting in their place. Haven't drilled and bolted them yet. I was going to post them here and get some input from you guys. So...what do you think before I sandblast and paint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I was clearing out some light brush plus some deadfall in my woods and got a branch shoved btwn the headlight and housing. Been thinking of this since then. Had some angle iron and expanded metal lying around so I thought to give it a try.

I am by no means a professional fabricator but know enough to get me in trouble. Both guards are just sitting in their place. Haven't drilled and bolted them yet. I was going to post them here and get some input from you guys. So...what do you think before I sandblast and paint.
I love this. I have no idea why JD doesn’t have this brush guard option for every tractor they make. Good job, buddy.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts

I love this. I have no idea why JD doesn’t have this brush guard option for every tractor they make. Good job, buddy.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

Do you get any shadows with the headlights?

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Any interest in fabricating a duplicate set and selling them to me? I would definitely be interested for my 2038R.....

Sincerely

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you get any shadows with the headlights?
Don't know yet. I haven't tried at night. I doubt it would cast enough of a shadow to matter. Obviously it would cast some, just don't know how much yet. I plan to mount some LED lights on the rop's, pointed forward, so I imagine they'll drown out any shadow that might be present.

I'll update with a pic at night once completed.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any interest in fabricating a duplicate set and selling them to me? I would definitely be interested for my 2038R.....

Sincerely
I used up all my small angle, but I still have plenty of expanded metal. I'll have to see how much the angle would be, Also have to get a price on sandblast. I'll let you know something soon. Glad you like it!

·
Premium Member
13,035 Posts
What is odd is they do offer a guard like this for some tractors but not others. As you say, all tractors with a loader could benefit from the extra protection.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Couple more pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I absolutely love it. Paint those green and they’re perfect. If those were for sale, I would buy a set today.

·
Premium Member
13,828 Posts
Great fab Big :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
They look great. I am sure you could sell several sets. Not to change subjects but how do you like the radial tires??

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They look great. I am sure you could sell several sets. Not to change subjects but how do you like the radial tires??
Already looking into getting some more angle. I wouldn't mind building a few for sale. I love tinkering around. Keeps the mind sharp. As for the radials, I am positively pleased with them. I was hesitant when I first ordered but now am impressed with them.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts